In fact, all I my life I've always been doing something directly or indirectly connected to languages.
During the latest years I've been working a lot in the LQA Department for Apple Inc, in Cork (Ireland), performing linguistic quality check of the company's software, at the same I do translations for quite a number of Spanish and foreign translation agencies. I like my job, this is what I always wanted to do and believe that I'm a serious and very responsible translator.
Surname: STRIUK APOLLONIN
First name: SERGUEI
Address: Alicante, Spain
Telephone: (034) 96-630-80-87; 636-01-97-95;
Web page: http://www.traductor-ruso.es Education: Honour's Degree: Interpreter and translator of English and Spanish
by the Iterpreters' Department of the Linguistic University of Niznhy Novgorod (Russia), from 1979 to 1984, homologated to a Spanish degree Licenciado en Filología Inglesa by the University of Alicante, 2000 (Spain).
Additional data: Superior Degree in Russian, Spanish and English of the Official Language School in Alicante (Spain), 1998.
• Freelance translator, performing translations for Spanish and foreign translation agencies and final clients both in Spain and in other countries. My monthly translated volume reaches 30.000 - 40.000 words. During more than 25 years of my career I have translated all types of documents from Spanish and English of technical, business, legal character, including contracts, web sites, online help, user guides, notary deeds, technical manuals, product catalogues, etc. I also participated in numerous software localization projects working for Apple Inc, Kofax, PLC, Fargo, etc. In recent years have worked a lot as a translator and Russian tester in the Translators and Localization QA departments for Apple Inc. in its EMEA headquarters in Cork (Ireland).
• Translator in the Translators Department of Apple Inc., 11 months contract (January – November 2012).
• LocQA Department of Apple Inc. (June – August 2011).
• Localization Quality Assurance Department of Apple Inc. in Cork, Ireland – 7 months contract (September 2010 – March 2011).
• Localization Quality Assurance Department of Apple Inc. (EEUU) in Cork, Ireland – 4 months contract (April – August 2009).
• Localization Quality Assurance Department of Apple Inc. (EEUU) in Cork, Ireland – 3 months contract (November 2008 – January 2009).
• Interpreter of Russian and English in the Courts of Law in Alicante province, working for Newroz, S.L and Seprotec S.L. November 2001 – July 2008.
• Localization Q&A Department of Apple Inc. (EEUU) in Cork, Ireland - March, April, June 2006 and February, March, April, June, August, September, October, November, December 2007 (2-3 weeks each stay).
• Linguistic quality tester for the Canadian-based EA Games in Madrid - September 2005.
• Interpreter of Russian and English in the Red Cross of Alicante June 2001 - November 2001.
• Teacher of Russian of the International College Costa Blanca (Spain), 1998-1999.
• Interpreter of English and Russian in the Central police station of Alicante (Spain), 1998 (6 months contract).
• Translator of English for the international department of the Swiss-Russian Joint Venture (Russia), 1989-1992.
• Translator of English, Spanish and Portuguese in the Russian Military Mission in Angola, 1986-1989.
• Translator of English and Spanish in the Russian Army, 1984-1986.
Some of my recent collaboration projects:
• Interpreter on the Presentation of the Touristic offer of Albacete, held by Tourism and Hotels Association of Albacete in Torrevieja (May 2012).
• Interpreter on the International Conference “The external audit institutions and control of public revenues” organized by The European Organization of Regional Audit Institutions, Alicante (April 2010).
• Interpreter on the International Conference of Chiefs of Military Chaplains, Madrid (February 2010).
• Interpreter of the Russian professionals during the training course organized by the cosmetics company Didier Rase in Alicante (December 2009).
• Interpreter of the Russian, Ukrainian, Moldavian Universities delegation during a working seminar dedicated to the Incubators of the technological companies, promoted by the European Commission, University of Alicante (September 2009).
• Interpreter of the Russian, Ukrainian, Moldavian Universities delegation during a working seminar dedicated to the Copyright Protection Legislation and promoted by the European Commission, University of Alicante (July 2009).
• 5-days job with the Russian standardisation experts at the headquarters of the aircraft refuellers manufacturer Caldal S.L. for the certification of its products in Russia (Alicante), July 2008
• 3-weeks training courses for the technical specialists from Uzbekistan in the headquarters of Teltronic S.A.U. (Zaragoza) dedicated to the Tetra radio electronic equipment, control centers and terminals, network administration and management, Zaragoza, March 2008.
• Interpreter of the restaurateurs’ and sommeliers’ delegation from Moscow during their visit to La Rioja Alta, Ribera del Duero and Madrid, July 2006.
• Interpreter for the Ukrainian and Lithuanian national football teams during the elimination phases of the FIFA Soccer World Cup - 2006, June 2004 (Alicante) and 2005 (Valencia).
• Interpreter for the delegation of the Russian Ministry of Economy during their visit to Brussels, Eindhoven, Madrid, Toledo as part of the TASIS programme, promoted by the European Commission - May 2005.
Please, feel free to contact me: