https://www.proz.com/forum/2007_regional_conference_france/73128-french_conference_general_discussion.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
Aix en Provence Conference 2007 - General Discussion
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:03
English to German
May 15, 2007

Dear All,

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of any issues relating to the regional ProZ.com Conference in France not covered by the Program Suggestions, Accommodation and Travel forums.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 21:00 GMT]

Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:03
French to English
+ ...
Where? Jun 4, 2007

Lovely! umm
where is it held and when? or did I miss a post somewhere.
or are you looking for suggestions?
thanks,
Natalia

[Edited at 2007-06-04 11:20]

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
dates and venue almost final Jun 4, 2007

N.M. Eklund wrote:

Lovely! umm
where is it held and when? or did I miss a post somewhere.
or are you looking for suggestions?
thanks,
Natalia

[Edited at :20]

Hi Natalia

The venue and dates are not final yet. However, we should be able to confirm both in the next day or two.

If you care to join the mailing list at http://www.proz.com/conference/12, you'll receive an e-mail with all the latest info once the venue has been finalised. Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Rebekka

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
ATA Exam sitting Jun 12, 2007

Count me in ! I have marked the dates.

Would it be possible to organize an ATA exam sitting during the congress ? I am interested in sitting for the exam, but haven't yet been able to find any compatible dates/cities.

I could contact ATA to find out how to go about doing that ?

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Reply from ATA Jun 13, 2007

Here's the reply I received from ATA

"Dear Lori,

Unfortunately we do not have any exam sittings in November or December except for
our sittings at our annual conference. This gives our graders time to do as much of
their grading as possible before the annual conference and attend. Our sitting at the
conference usually keeps them busy with grading for the rest of the calendar year. Our
exam year ends at the end of September.

Re
... See more
Here's the reply I received from ATA

"Dear Lori,

Unfortunately we do not have any exam sittings in November or December except for
our sittings at our annual conference. This gives our graders time to do as much of
their grading as possible before the annual conference and attend. Our sitting at the
conference usually keeps them busy with grading for the rest of the calendar year. Our
exam year ends at the end of September.

Regards,
Terry
Mr. Terry Hanlen
Deputy Executive Director &
Certification Program Manager
[email protected], phone: 703/683-6100, x3004,
fax: 703/683-6122. For additional information or forms,
please visit our web site: http://www.atanet.org"
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
What will be covered when? Jun 26, 2007

I'm aware that the conference programme is still in the making but this is a general query as it's my first conference and I don't know how things work generally.

My question is - will the conference be about working in France on one day and legal translations the other, or will they both be discussed over the 2 days? I'm not vastly interested in legal translation issues and am hoping that I can attend just for one day without missing any of the 'French' sessions.

Natalia Eklund
France
French to English
+ ...
Besides ATA Jul 4, 2007

Hi,
I thought the ATA was a good idea.
If they can't is there another organisation that could be contacted which would like to organize a testing session?

Natalia

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Dinner Jul 8, 2007

Hi
question regarding the networking dinner : for those who purchase one day of the conference, do they have to pay the 35€ for the dinner or is it included ?

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
networking dinner not included with 1-day pass Jul 8, 2007

Anne Diamantidis wrote:

Hi
question regarding the networking dinner : for those who purchase one day of the conference, do they have to pay the 35€ for the dinner or is it included ?

Hi Anne

The networking dinner is not included in the 1-day pass. For further details and how to purchase the networking dinner separately, please see the conference site. There is a separate store item for those who wish to bring a guest to dinner or have opted for a 1-day pass.

HTH

Rebekka

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
thanks ! Jul 8, 2007

Hi Rebekka, thank you for your answer
So, in that case, does then the student discount apply to the dinner too, or not ?

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
no student discount for networking dinner Jul 8, 2007

Anne Diamantidis wrote:

Hi Rebekka, thank you for your answer
So, in that case, does then the student discount apply to the dinner too, or not ?

Hi Anne

If purchased separately, the cost for the networking dinner is €35, independent of your status (student, member, non-member).

Rebekka

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
ok ;-) Jul 8, 2007

oki doki - now I know everything
thank you Rebekka and have a good day !
Regards,
Anne

[Modifié le 2007-07-08 16:03]

Natalia Eklund
France
French to English
+ ...
Problem Registering Jul 9, 2007

I don't know if others are having this problem, but I can't register.
I get blocked after accepting the cancellation policy, because the 'shopping cart' is empty.
I have sent a support ticket but I wondered if others had the same problem.
Will I still be able to register for early bird if the support team can't fix it in time?
thanks
Natalia

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
we'll figure something out Jul 9, 2007

N.M. Eklund wrote:

I don't know if others are having this problem, but I can't register.
I get blocked after accepting the cancellation policy, because the 'shopping cart' is empty.
I have sent a support ticket but I wondered if others had the same problem.
Will I still be able to register for early bird if the support team can't fix it in time?
thanks
Natalia

Hi Natalia

If the support team can't assist you in time, we'll figure out a way for you to take advantage of the early bird offer. I am, however, confident, they'll be able to sort this out.

Regards

Rebekka

Rebekka Groß (X)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
problems trying to register for conference Jul 9, 2007

Hi

If you are experiencing similar problems to Natalia or other issues when trying to register for the conference, please let me know by posting here or by e-mail.

I've alerted one of the developers to Natalia's problem but as they're based in the US, it'll be another 80 minutes from now before they arrive at the office. Apologies for any inconvenience and I'll keep you posted on any developments.

Rebekka

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Aix en Provence Conference 2007 - General Discussion

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »