Mobile menu

Aix en Provence Conference 2007 - Tourist activities
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß
Rebekka Groß  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:54
English to German
May 28, 2007

Hi

This topic is dedicated to information about tourist activities in the South of France.

You may post in English or French.

Thank you for your contribution.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 20:56 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:54
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Tourist Activities Jul 8, 2007

Hi,

As this will be my first visit to this French city, I'd love it if we could have an opportunity to visit it.

Evidently, they also organize trips on request:

http://www.aixenprovencetourism.com/aix-guides.htm

Maybe the organizers can see the possibility so that we can see the city without missing any of the sessions.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ritu Bhanot

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Site-seeing trip Jul 8, 2007

Ritu Bhanot wrote:

As this will be my first visit to this French city, I'd love it if we could have an opportunity to visit it.

Maybe the organizers can see the possibility so that we can see the city without missing any of the sessions.

Hi Ritu,

Thanks for you suggestion; it sounds like a good idea.
We're going to focus on putting together some extra-conference activities over the next few weeks. Stay tuned to this forum for details!

Warmest regards,

John

France
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Thanks Jul 9, 2007

Thanks John.

Regards,

Ritu

France
Member (2006)
French to English
Segways Aug 9, 2007

Bonjour à tous,

Kathryn et moi-même sommes allés à Aix la semaine dernière pour faire un état des lieux et rencontrer d'éventuels partenaires. Un collègue de Lori vient de démarrer une entreprise de visites touristiques/balades découvertes en Segway. Si vous ne connaissez pas cet engin, voici un lien : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segway

Est-ce que vous êtes intéressés par l'idée de vous balader en ville en Segway, jeudi en fin d'après-midi ou dimanche ? Nous devons être assez nombreux pour que cela soit intéressant pour la personne qui va organiser la balade (10 personnes en deux groupes). Il pourrait éventuellement venir lors d'une pause café ou à la fin de la première journée du congrès avec un segway pour vous le montrer et faire de petits essais…

Nous avons servi de cobayes… notre appréciation : c'est top ! C'est très sympa comme moyen de locomotion et tout le monde vous regarde comme si vous étiez le roi (la reine) !

Alors, est-ce quelque chose que vous voudriez faire ? Merci de nous faire part de vos commentaires...

Merci!

France
Member (2006)
French to English
Roadshow powwow in Nice Aug 9, 2007

Pour ceux qui ne souhaitent pas que le fun se termine, j'organise un powwow à Nice, dimanche 4 novembre. C'est exceptionnel car il s'agit d'un powwow en décapotable, excellente opportunité de découvrir la région, partager un moment convivial avec vos collègues et profiter du soleil azuréen !

Pour plus de détails, vous pouvez consulter la page dédiée à ce powwow : http://www.proz.com/powwow/1559

For those of you who want to swing by Nice before heading back to your stuffy office and whirring computer, I've set up a powwow on Sunday, the day after the conference. This is a really great opportunity to relax, discover the region, get to know your colleagues, and enjoy the French Riviera.

Please see the powwow page for more details... http://www.proz.com/powwow/1559

Margaret Ball  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:54
French to English
Aix on Sunday Aug 20, 2007

Hi John and Rebekka,
I'd be happy to try out a segway and join any tours of Aix on Sunday. I don't know the town at all so have no idea what I want to see. If the numbers are too small, I'll be quite happy noseying around on my own.
Looking forward to November.
Regards,
Margaret Ball

France
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Tourist Activities - 4th November Oct 26, 2007

Hi John, Kathryn and Rebekka,

I'm not sure about how others have planned their trip but I have to return to Strasbourg on the 4th (12:30 train). Is it possible to organise some activities etc. in and around Aix for half a day?

Maybe there are others like me who have similar constraints but would like to get to know the city a bit... and searching on our own (given that we will be attending the conference most of the time), would lead to wasting a lot of time without actually seeing anything. And it's much more fun to visit a place in a group instead of doing it all alone.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ritu

Kathryn Strachecky  Identity Verified
French to English
Sunday Oct 26, 2007

Hi all,

We've unfortunately had to cancel the Segways for Sunday.

I'm expecting to still be around on Sunday but I'm afraid I can't actually organise something officially for then as I won't know in advance if I'll be needed to help with anything training related. However, I'm sure there'll still be a few of us around and we'll be able to organise something informally during the conference.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Aix en Provence Conference 2007 - Tourist activities

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs