https://www.proz.com/forum/2007_regional_conference_montreal/73136-montreal_conference_program_suggestions.html

Montreal conference 2007 - Program Suggestions
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:36
English to German
May 15, 2007

Dear All,

This thread is dedicated to program suggestions for the regional ProZ.com Conference in Montreal.

Please feel free to suggest new topics and/or comment on existing suggestions.

If you would like to present a workshop or training session, give a presentation or moderate a focus group, please send us an e-mail.
... See more
Dear All,

This thread is dedicated to program suggestions for the regional ProZ.com Conference in Montreal.

Please feel free to suggest new topics and/or comment on existing suggestions.

If you would like to present a workshop or training session, give a presentation or moderate a focus group, please send us an e-mail.

Thank you for your contribution.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 23:06 GMT]
Collapse

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:36
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Sessions for interpreters - call for speakers Jul 10, 2007

Dear All

At past conferences, there often were few or no sessions specifically aimed at interpreters. I would like to change this and run at least one or two sessions on interpreting-related subjects at future conferences. But I need your contributions to make this possible.

If you are thinking about attending one or more of the three autumn conferences and have an idea for a session on interpreting that you'd like to run in German or English I want to hear all about it
... See more
Dear All

At past conferences, there often were few or no sessions specifically aimed at interpreters. I would like to change this and run at least one or two sessions on interpreting-related subjects at future conferences. But I need your contributions to make this possible.

If you are thinking about attending one or more of the three autumn conferences and have an idea for a session on interpreting that you'd like to run in German or English I want to hear all about it! Please send me an e-mail with your suggestion and I'll give you access to a speaker form where you can fill in the details.

I would also like to hear your program suggestions for sessions on interpreting. Please enter those in this forum topic.

Best regards
Rebekka
Collapse

Laura Molinari
Laura Molinari  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:36
French to English
+ ...
Session topics Aug 9, 2007

I know there is still time for more programming, but so far I am disappointed to see there are only 2 sessions on the main conference themes, both of which I am highly interested in.

If there is insufficient interest from the Proz community for speakers, do conference organizers plan to go outside the community and possibly hire professionals to give sessions? For example, I would love to have a session on the technical aspects of subtitling, such as what kind of equipment is curren
... See more
I know there is still time for more programming, but so far I am disappointed to see there are only 2 sessions on the main conference themes, both of which I am highly interested in.

If there is insufficient interest from the Proz community for speakers, do conference organizers plan to go outside the community and possibly hire professionals to give sessions? For example, I would love to have a session on the technical aspects of subtitling, such as what kind of equipment is currently used, programs that translators use in their homes to subtitle and an overview of how they work.
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 21:36
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Looking into this today Aug 9, 2007

Hi Laura! Good to see you again!

I'm looking into this very subject today, as I believe it would be of interest to a great many members. Good to have my belief confirmed

I look forward to any and all suggestions here.

Nancy

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Montreal conference 2007 - Program Suggestions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »