Ohrid conference 2009 - Announcement
Thread poster: Russell Jones
Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:07
Italian to English
Feb 8, 2009

Perhaps the organiser(s) would announce this welcome (and overdue) event in the forums and establish the usual range of forum pages.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 20:13 GMT]

Hristina Dojčinova
Hristina Dojčinova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:07
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Forum Topics coming up very soon! -> International Conference in Ohrid, Macedonia Feb 10, 2009

Dear Russell,

Thank you very much for your note and for registering! In fact, the entire conference-related content is currently being prepared and will be posted online in the coming days.
As per usual, a range of topics pertaining to the event will be shortly opened up in this forum for the ProZians interested in attending the conference.

This is a must-attend event!

We will be in touch.

Best regards,

Hristina Dojcinova
... See more
Dear Russell,

Thank you very much for your note and for registering! In fact, the entire conference-related content is currently being prepared and will be posted online in the coming days.
As per usual, a range of topics pertaining to the event will be shortly opened up in this forum for the ProZians interested in attending the conference.

This is a must-attend event!

We will be in touch.

Best regards,

Hristina Dojcinova & the Congress Service Center

[Edited at 2009-02-10 15:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-02-10 15:58 GMT]
Collapse

Paola Dentifrigi
Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:07
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Brilliant! Feb 10, 2009

I am looking forward. Never been to Macedonia, but always dreamt of it
Hope to see you there,
Paola

Ahmet Murati
Ahmet Murati  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Albanian
+ ...
Macedonia Feb 10, 2009

Paola Dentifrigi wrote:

I am looking forward. Never been to Macedonia, but always dreamt of it
Hope to see you there,
Paola

Well, I live nearby Macedonia and I would like to know where it is going to take place this ProZ.com Conference

Russell Jones
United Kingdom
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Forum pages disappeared Feb 10, 2009

Earlier today there were various forum pages created, including one on travel but they have now disappeared. I have been searching the travel options and am, quite frankly, flabbergasted at how difficult Ohrid is to get to!
Some of the airlines listed on the St Paul airport site don't actually fly to Ohrid, none flies on days to suit the conference and what flights there are seem to arrive or leave around 4:00 in the morning!
Malev offers quite reasonably priced flights to Skopje bu
... See more
Earlier today there were various forum pages created, including one on travel but they have now disappeared. I have been searching the travel options and am, quite frankly, flabbergasted at how difficult Ohrid is to get to!
Some of the airlines listed on the St Paul airport site don't actually fly to Ohrid, none flies on days to suit the conference and what flights there are seem to arrive or leave around 4:00 in the morning!
Malev offers quite reasonably priced flights to Skopje but the railway to Ohrid closed in 1966!
I'm beginning to think the only option is to hire a car from Skopje for a 200km (?) journey.
I do wonder how international this conference is going to be!
I hope to be corrected by Macedonian colleagues.
Collapse

Marina Marinova
Marina Marinova
Switzerland
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Looking forward to this event Feb 11, 2009

A great thanks to Proz and Hristina for their initiative to have this event in Macedonia. (thumbs up) I make myself available to support you in anyway I can.

And to Paola, I look forward to meet you here and have you as my guest.

Godspeed!

Marina

Maja Dojcinova
Maja Dojcinova  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
Macedonian to English
+ ...
Looking forward to this event Feb 11, 2009

I will surely register and be part of this event . I will keep track of the event and ....I am looking forward to seeing you all in Ohrid this summer.

Maja

Marina Marinova
Marina Marinova
Switzerland
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Ohrid is the venue Feb 12, 2009

Ahmet Murati wrote:

Well, I live nearby Macedonia and I would like to know where it is going to take place this ProZ.com Conference

Dear Ahmet,

Ohrid is very near to the border with Albania, just 30 kilometres. You can take the bus Tirana - Struga (a town 10 km from Ohrid), then another bus to Ohrid and you are there.

Hope to meet you there.

Kind regards,
Marina

Paola Dentifrigi
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
travel Feb 12, 2009

Russell Jones wrote:

I'm beginning to think the only option is to hire a car from Skopje for a 200km (?) journey.

Hi Russell, I opened a topic called Travel as I intend to drive to Ohrid (if I find someone to share the expenses) possibly from Albania, Greece or Bulgaria (we don't have good connections with Skopje from Italy I guess). This is also an excuse to visit nearby Albania, another dream. Actually, we have a lot of flights to Tirana:
http://www.belleair.it
Form Tirana is only 139 km
Another option is Sofia (Sofia-Ohrid 398 km)
From Athens is a bit too far 791 km and I have no good flight to Thessaloniki, which is closer to Ohrid.

Have a look here, guess you know that: www.viamichelin.co.uk

Hristina Dojčinova
Hristina Dojčinova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:07
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Forum topics / Travel to Macedonia Feb 12, 2009

Russell Jones wrote:

Malev offers quite reasonably priced flights to Skopje but the railway to Ohrid closed in 1966!

Dear fellow Prozians,

First of all, I really appreciate all the interest and request for information regarding this event. The forum pages which disappeared will be back during the day today, as there will be more initial info in the post, hopefully answering most of your questions regarding the conference agenda, travel to Macedonia, interest in training sessions etc. Thanks for your patience!

Dear Russell, allow me to offer a clarification or two.

Travel to Macedonia

I am perfectly aware of the flight connections to Macedonia, and the fact that there are very few flights to the Ohrid Airport.

HOWEVER, Skopje is very well connected.

And this is why I would like to ask all interested participants to plan their trip to Skopje because there will be organized transportation by buses or minibuses from Skopje Airport and Skopje Center to the Metropol Lake Resort in Ohrid. The cost of this transportation will be included in the conference fee. Therefore, for all participants the transportation will be free of charge. As for participant partners/guests who will not be conference attendants, a small fee for the bus transportation from Skopje Airport to Ohrid will apply.
I should have made this clear right away, but once again, thank you for being patient, and please keep coming back to the conference sites!

Best regards from your Macedonian colleague,

Hristina Dojcinova

Russell Jones
United Kingdom
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Good news Feb 12, 2009

Thank you very much Hristina for this excellent news.

Gabriela Nikolova
Gabriela Nikolova  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Looking forward Feb 12, 2009

Dear All,

First of all, I would like to express my gratefulness to Hristina and ProZ for organizing international conference in Ohrid, Macedonia, the so called “Pearl of the Balkans”. I’m sure that Hristina is preparing all the necessary information regarding the conference and all the travel information for Macedonia, we should be just patient enough, I just want to point out to all translators who would like to attend the conference and our country, that they can count on us
... See more
Dear All,

First of all, I would like to express my gratefulness to Hristina and ProZ for organizing international conference in Ohrid, Macedonia, the so called “Pearl of the Balkans”. I’m sure that Hristina is preparing all the necessary information regarding the conference and all the travel information for Macedonia, we should be just patient enough, I just want to point out to all translators who would like to attend the conference and our country, that they can count on us, the Macedonian translators, and could ask for any help they might need.

In addition to this, I would like to reply to Ahmed, as far as I remember, he wanted to attend the powwow in Stip too and he mentioned that he is working in Pristina, Kosovo, so dear Ahmed, if you are coming from Kosovo to Macedonia, you can surely easily come to Skopje and from there to Ohrid.

Regarding Paola’s “adventure”, I admire your spirit and action and I wish you have a nice trip. In case you are coming from Sofia, Bulgaria, you can pass the borders crossings at Delcevo and Strumica, if you are coming from Greece, our northern neighbor, you can pass at Bogorodica, Gevgelija. Why I'm explaining this to you, because I live in a town in East Macedonia (the name of the town is Stip), so if you are coming from Bulgaria, you need to pass Delcevo and Kocani and come to Stip and than we can go together, I'm going by car too, if you are coming from Greece, you need to pass the towns Gevgelija, Strumica, Radovis and than you are again in Stip, and we can continue to Ohrid (or you can pass the border crossing at Bitola too), so it’s your wish.

Here is a map of Macedonia which might help you http://www.setimes.com/cocoon/setimes/images/countries/Macedonia.jpg

Greetings from Macedonia and we are happy to see you in Ohrid!

Gabriela
Collapse

Paola Dentifrigi
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you Gabriela Feb 13, 2009

You're very nice. I'll keep you posted with my plans.
A decade ago my prof at Uni wanted me to write my thesis about Aromanians near Bitola, as I studied Slavic languages plus Romanian. However, I was supposed to learn their language and probably Macedonian as well, so I declined. But I am sooo curious to visit your country!
Paola

Pinaki Talukdar
Pinaki Talukdar  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:37
English to Bengali
+ ...
Travel plans from India Feb 17, 2009

Hello Everybody,

I live in Eastern Part of India, in the cultural city of Kolkata. I would like to attend this event in July. Can anybody please direct me, how to reach the venue from India, especially Skopje.

Thank you in anticipation for your help.

Yours Sincerely

Pinaki Talukdar

Gabriela Nikolova
Gabriela Nikolova  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Try thy.com Feb 17, 2009

Check this:

DELHI TO SKOPJE
Flight 1 Wednesday, July 01, 2009
Departure: 04:45 Delhi, India - Indira Gandhi International, terminal 2
Arrival: 09:10 Istanbul, Turkey - Ataturk, terminal I

Airline: Turkish Airlines TK1071 e Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A330

Time between flights = 3:25

Flight 2 Wednesday, July 01, 2009
Departure: 12:35 Istanbul, Turkey - Ataturk, terminal I
Arrival: 12:55 Skopje, Ma
... See more
Check this:

DELHI TO SKOPJE
Flight 1 Wednesday, July 01, 2009
Departure: 04:45 Delhi, India - Indira Gandhi International, terminal 2
Arrival: 09:10 Istanbul, Turkey - Ataturk, terminal I

Airline: Turkish Airlines TK1071 e Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A330

Time between flights = 3:25

Flight 2 Wednesday, July 01, 2009
Departure: 12:35 Istanbul, Turkey - Ataturk, terminal I
Arrival: 12:55 Skopje, Macedonia - Skopje

Airline: Turkish Airlines TK1433 e Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

AND:

SKOPJE TO DELHI
Flight 1 Sunday, July 05, 2009
Departure: 13:50 Skopje, Macedonia - Skopje
Arrival: 16:15 Istanbul, Turkey - Ataturk, terminal I

Airline: Turkish Airlines TK1434 e Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

Time between flights = 2:30

Flight 2 Sunday, July 05, 2009
Departure: 18:45 Istanbul, Turkey - Ataturk, terminal I
Arrival: 03:10 +1 day(s) Delhi, India - Indira Gandhi International, terminal 2

Airline: Turkish Airlines TK1070 e Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A330

TOTAL: EUR 583,84

You can try Mumbai ariport too.

Hope this helps.

Gabriela
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Ohrid conference 2009 - Announcement

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »