Ohrid conference 2009 - Only one full-agenda day?
Thread poster: Helena Diaz del Real

Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:00
German to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 22, 2009

Hello Hristina,
I just have been wondering if I read it right, as I think there should be only one dy with full translation-agenda (of course, beside the Trados / Wordfast trainings)
Is this right?
Thank you very much!
My best wishes,
Helena

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 20:14 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Hristina Dojčinova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:00
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Conference Agenda Feb 23, 2009

Dear Helena,

The opening of the conference is on Friday with introductory remarks by the organizer and the ProZ representatives.

On Saturday, there is a full day agenda and Sunday a half-day agenda. Both on Saturday and Sunday, parallel sessions will be offered.

The envisaged number of sessions is approximately 25 for both days and in this sense, the aim of the organizer is quality and not necessarily quantity. In addition, after the hard work is done and the conference program is closed, the participants will be able to fully indulge themselves into enjoying Ohrid and the various sites worth visiting it has on offer. I thank you for your patience, the detailed agenda is coming up on the site very soon!

Best regards,

Hristina, the organizer

Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Hristina Feb 23, 2009

Hi Hristina,

Thank you for adding the remark about the half day.

Of course the aim should always be quality and not quantity, I definetely agree. But if it was only one day, it should turn, that I am longer on the way to Ohrid, than listening to matters I am really interested on! ;o))

And of course, if as you say -and always has been in my previous four conferences- there are 3 speeches at a time, I won't be able to visit them all, neither some I am interested in (as I will have to choose which one interests me most).

What I meant was, if it was going to last one day, you could spread it so, that these 25 conferences take place in two days and not only in one. But now it is clear (and better, if you want to hear my opinion).

Hope it is clear what I meant...

Thank you for organizing this conference and all the best for you,

Helena

[Edited at 2009-02-23 11:58 GMT]

Hristina Dojčinova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:00
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Conference Agenda Feb 23, 2009

Dear Helena,
of course your opinion matters, as do those of all other participants! The idea is that the event is beneficial for all, both those coming from the neighboring countries and those traveling half way around the world! So, further comments and suggestions are welcome, especially after I have posted the detailed agenda.

It is planned that there are two parallel agendas on both days, and for the several sessions envisaged as workshops – there will be no alternative parallel session, so that all participants can attend.

Stay tuned,

Hristina

Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
English to French
+ ...
test message Mar 26, 2009

This is a test - please disregard

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Ohrid conference 2009 - Only one full-agenda day?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs