Labea
Labea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 04:16
English to French
+ ...
Mar 18, 2009

Hi,

I am more than interested by this conference as I am a translator and not currently working as one, unfortunately. In order to add more strings to my bow as I plan to re-start working as a translator properly with a friend, I would really register for this session. My question is:
is there any possibility to get a laptop with installed software "in situ", I mean maybe someone in there who could provide/lend one for/to me, just for the session on 2nd July training ?
I
... See more
Hi,

I am more than interested by this conference as I am a translator and not currently working as one, unfortunately. In order to add more strings to my bow as I plan to re-start working as a translator properly with a friend, I would really register for this session. My question is:
is there any possibility to get a laptop with installed software "in situ", I mean maybe someone in there who could provide/lend one for/to me, just for the session on 2nd July training ?
I would really much appreciate I know it seems to be tough though but one never knows...it could help a lot.

Thanks so much for your response and kind help.
Hope to see you all and meet you there at this beautiful event.

Labea

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 20:14 GMT]
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Another option: Trados trial version Mar 18, 2009

Hi Labea,

Borrowing a laptop with Trados installed is certainly an option, but it is not the only one. If you come with a laptop, you can install the free trial version. See the parallel link at http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/130475-sdl_trados:_free_version.html

Kind regards,
Attila

[Edited at 2009-03-1
... See more
Hi Labea,

Borrowing a laptop with Trados installed is certainly an option, but it is not the only one. If you come with a laptop, you can install the free trial version. See the parallel link at http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/130475-sdl_trados:_free_version.html

Kind regards,
Attila

[Edited at 2009-03-18 12:49 GMT]
Collapse

Labea
Labea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
trados-beginner Mar 18, 2009

Thanks a lot Attila !
Just one more question...do you think it is better to do it previous to my trip ? or better to wait till i am there and be helped by someone who did it before?
What do you advise ?

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Before the trip Mar 18, 2009

Hi Labea,

Install the program before the training, and I think it can do no harm to take a quick look at the tutorials as well. They are really intuitive. As the free trial version works for 30 days, installing and getting started with Trados 1 or 2 weeks before the conference sounds like good timing to me. If you need more details tha
... See more
Hi Labea,

Install the program before the training, and I think it can do no harm to take a quick look at the tutorials as well. They are really intuitive. As the free trial version works for 30 days, installing and getting started with Trados 1 or 2 weeks before the conference sounds like good timing to me. If you need more details than presented at http://www.proz.com/translator_training/sdl_trados_2007_suite_freelance_beginners_level-1436.html , don't hesitate to contact Jerzy (who is a fantastic trainer, BTW).

There will be a round-table discussion about CAT tools, where other CAT tools (including Wordfast, MetaTexis, and Transit, Deja Vu, Similis, and MemoQ) will also be discussed and compared. If you have some time, it might be a good idea to familiarize yourself with one or more of them (e.g., taking a quick look at their manual).

Attila
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Ohrid conference 2009 - Trados - Beginner

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »