Ohrid conference 2009 - Conference Programme
Thread poster: btoteva

btoteva
Bulgaria
Local time: 12:44
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Apr 10, 2009

Hello Everyone and thank you very much to the organisers for setting up this event!

Is it possible that we have any, although provisional, programme for the conference days?

thank you,

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 20:19 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:44
English to French
+ ...
Program will be online very soon Apr 15, 2009

Hi btoteva,

Thank you for your post and your interest in the Ohrid Conference.
The program schedule is not online yet on the Program page, but you can already have a good overview of what's awaiting you in Ohrid if you visit the conference homepage under http://www.proz.com/conference/91.

The definite program will be online very soon - be sure to track the present forum and the conference page as we will use these channels to inform participants of this.

With regards,
Anne Diamantidis
ProZ.com Conferences Coordinator

btoteva
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ's spirit Apr 17, 2009

Hi Anne,

Thank you for your reply. Have posted this question because in my opinion the Conference Programme is the most important part of the Conference, and it seems strange that the early bird registration period ends up today and there is no agenda other than the tentavive and at the same time prizes are drawn for those who have already paid. Yes, Ohrid is a beautiful place and worth seeing it, but we now get there to participate in a ProZ Conference.

Have also followed the conference fee topic and in my opinion it is the conference programme that will pursuade all the fellow freelancers that it's worthy going to Ohrid. Have been to two ProZ Conferences, one in Budapest and one in Dortmund, and I'd recommend everyone to partcipate as ProZ's spirit is really really rewarding.
Anyway, hope the programme will be on soon. As for me, I'll skip the early bird registration this time.

Regards,
Boriana

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Program before registering... Apr 19, 2009

Hello, and thanks to those of you who are involved in arranging this conference. I would like to attend with my wife, but it is rather difficult to know when to plan to arrive when one does not yet know the programme. I agree with btoteva that it would have been good to benefit from the early bird registration price, but I think we should have an extension of the early bird at least until (a day or two after) the programme is published.

We especially need to know if there will be any pre- or post-conference meetings, since then we have to also book extra nights at the hotel, and make travel arrangements to suit.

Looking forward to seeing some new elements posted soon... PLEEEEE.....ASE!!

Bill

Germany
English to French
+ ...
Early-bird extension Apr 19, 2009

Dear Boriana and William,

Thank you for your posts - you have a very good point.
Due to the success generated by the conference and the huge success of the early-bird discount, and for the good reasons you mentioned, we decided to extend the early-bird package period until May 2nd or until the program is online. We are going to announce this via mailing and update the conference page.

Regarding social events - pre-conference meetings - that information is on the conference page. There will be 2 powwows before - one on Thursday, and the Opening powwow on Friday after the opening ceremony.

The conference will be officially closed with the Sunday lunch.

Again, thank you very much for your interest and for being direct.

Let us know if you need anything else,

Regards,
Anne

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Thank you! Apr 21, 2009

My compliments to you all for a positive response, and a very satisfactory solution. I apologise that I had not found the pre-conference details before my posting. In my experience, ProZ.com has always been open and responsive. Now perhaps Boriana too, will be able to avail herself of the early bird booking. Thank you!
Best of luck with all the planning and arrangements.

Bill

btoteva
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Apr 21, 2009

Hi Anne and Bill,
Thanks for the comments. Can imagine the effort required to organise such an event. I agree the response is positive as always. Hope you are not getting me wrong. My intention is positive too, trying to move the focus to the conference itself.
Best,
Boriana

Germany
English to French
+ ...
No problem Apr 21, 2009

Dear Boriana and Bill,

No problem Boriana - I didn't get you wrong at all and still think you had an excellent point.

The piece of good news is that we are working on finalizing the conference program. It should be online during the week.

Again, thank you for your constructive comments - and looking forward to meeting you in Ohrid!

Regards,
Anne

Rodna Ruskovska  Identity Verified
Macedonia (FYROM)
Macedonian to English
+ ...
Programme Apr 24, 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the programme, however adding names of speakers to the programme would be great, and adding a small description of all sessions (addressed issues, covered aspects) would also be great.... and more informative

Thank you,
Rodna

Germany
English to French
+ ...
Program Apr 24, 2009

Hi Rodna,

Thank you for your message.
As Hristina wrote in the mailing she sent today, we have to ask a little more patience about this. When planning a conference, it is not always easy to get hold of speakers and have them send all information on time.
We worked really hard these past days to give you the confirmed sessions and the program, now we keep contacting some speakers so they send us all the information we need.

Regards,
Anne

Rodna Ruskovska  Identity Verified
Macedonia (FYROM)
Macedonian to English
+ ...
:) Apr 24, 2009

Yes, Anne... I just realised that.... I guess I was overly excited and missed that part

You are doing great!!! And thanks for all the hard work

Rodna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Kopnitsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ohrid conference 2009 - Conference Programme

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs