Error: Save failed when using across check-out wizard
Thread poster: Jessica West

Jessica West  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:31
Russian to English
+ ...
Jun 1, 2008

I've been trying to export translations I've completed into their original Word format using the across personal version 4.0 check-out wizard but each time an error message comes up saying "save failed". Needless to say, no translation has been outputted and I am beginning to go mad wondering what exactly is going on. I am running Vista and the original documents were in 97-2003 format so maybe there is a backwards compatibility problem somewhere along the line? I definitely didn't have any issues uploading them into across. Has anyone else had the same problem? I would be most grateful for any help as I really don't know how to solve it! Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Karen Picolin  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:31
Member (2005)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Across Support service Jun 2, 2008

Hi Jessica,

Across has a very nice support service. Normally they are quite quick in solving any problems.

Try asking them.

Hope that helps!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: Save failed when using across check-out wizard

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs