Mobile menu

How to translate TagEditor ttx files with Across?
Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:26
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 9, 2008

Dear colleagues,

I wonder if it is possible to use Across for translation of ttx files. It is not listed among the supported file types but with the proper settings I believe it can be achieved. Any recommendations?

[Edited at 2008-11-09 02:08]

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:26
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SP3d released today May 4, 2009

Across_v4.00_SP3d released today. TTX is not included in the supported file types, but considering that SDL Trados Studio 2009's file format will be SDL XLIFF, support for ttx files is no more required.

Uwe Schwenk
Local time: 23:26
English to German
TTX files May 4, 2009

Selcuk,

TTX is a proprietary format by SDL, and translating them with across is not an option. Dont forget that across does not use the concept of bilingual files as SDL does.

You can import TTX files into CrossTank, but thats about it.

As for SDL XLIFF, I dont know if Trados has their own XLIFF filter with the new version because before the files were treated as XML.

Uwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to translate TagEditor ttx files with Across?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs