Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

across configuration
Thread poster: Uwe Schwenk
Uwe Schwenk
United States
Local time: 09:56
English to German
Nov 13, 2008

Since a number of users have issues with across (not the installation, thats a separate issue alltogether) but rather with the concept and the configuration itself, I was a bit busy lately. Here is the result of the effort:

Sometimes, new products are so overwhelming, that they become a little intimidating as well. While across is an excellent product, it can also become a little too much for the individual. I therefore created a short guide with screenshots for the configuration and 2 sample projects. It is available free of charge to anyone interested. However, I would appreciate any feedback.

The goal of this guide consists in a simple walk-through of the configuration of across and how to go about for a translation with 2 different project workflows. Additionally, a suggestion for the naming of screen shots was included.

http://www.72arts.com/tech-pubs.html

HTH

Uwe

Direct link Reply with quote

Uwe Schwenk
United States
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
across config add-on Nov 13, 2008

Since some of you might not want to provide email or create an account, if you go to http://stores.lulu.com/dmsus you can donwload directly without having to enter anything.

Sorry, I forgot to add this one last night. Thats what you get for working late.

Uwe

Uwe Schwenk
United States
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
across configuration Nov 21, 2008

If anyone donwloaded it and has some feedback, I would appreciate it because I am putting some more of them together.

Uwe

Uwe Schwenk
United States
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Configuration guide Jan 2, 2009

The configuration guide was taken donw for update purposes.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

across configuration

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums