Eppo Schaap  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:06
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 13, 2009

Hi,
I want to backup my project files while working on a big project.

1. I use the tool C:\Program Files\across\crossGoodies\Backup+Restore_PE\PEBackupRestoreTool.exe and this went OK when I had one client with Across.
I have now several projects in the login list and when I use the respective name to log in for backup up a specific project the Backup & Restore tool produces a dialog telling:

IDispatch error #3149 [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server]
... See more
Hi,
I want to backup my project files while working on a big project.

1. I use the tool C:\Program Files\across\crossGoodies\Backup+Restore_PE\PEBackupRestoreTool.exe and this went OK when I had one client with Across.
I have now several projects in the login list and when I use the respective name to log in for backup up a specific project the Backup & Restore tool produces a dialog telling:

IDispatch error #3149 [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server] login faild for user "eppo.schaap"

I use the same login and pass as i do for the project.
How can I get this working?

2. I also searched for the file locations of the project files to backup them manually, but couldn't find them. The description how to do this in http://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/110560-file_locations.html didn't give me a clue. I can open SQL Server Configuration Manager; SQL server error and usage reporting and SQL Server surface Area Configuration, but in neither of them I can find useful information to file paths to backup.

Any one??
Collapse

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
United States
Local time: 02:06
English to German
Project Back up Feb 17, 2009

Instead of making a full back-up of everything, why dont you just export the porject itself. Highlight the project in the project view, Right-Click and Select Export. In this manner you have just the project. Since you can repeat this as many times as you like, name the ara files with the project name and append the date. Thats what I do for larger projects.

Uwe

Eppo Schaap
Netherlands
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
is this project backup available in Across PE? Feb 17, 2009

Uwe Schwenk wrote:

Instead of making a full back-up of everything, why dont you just export the porject itself. Highlight the project in the project view, Right-Click and Select Export. In this manner you have just the project. Since you can repeat this as many times as you like, name the ara files with the project name and append the date. Thats what I do for larger projects.

Uwe

Is this function available in Across PE, when working on a project that has been configured by an agency? I can't find it in my version of Across PE.
I can only Open and View tasks and retrieve and deliver tasks in the "What do you want to do" screen.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:06
English to Turkish
+ ...
Exactly Feb 17, 2009

Uwe Schwenk wrote:

Uwe

One more thing to add, if you change the extension of this .ara file to .zip, you will see that the file is actually an access file. Well, there are so many tables in the database but perhaps it can be used to translate across projects with other CAT tools as well.

Selcuk

[Edited at 2009-02-17 20:59 GMT]

Eppo Schaap
Netherlands
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
als in Across PE? Feb 17, 2009

[quote]Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
One more thing to add, if you change the extension of this .ara file to .zip, you will see that the file is actually an access file. Well, there are so many tables in the database but perhaps it can be used to translate across projects with other CAT tools as well.

[quote]Uwe Schwenk wrote:

Thank you. This sounds great, but... is it available in Across PE. Still can't find it in my version (latest PE).

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:06
English to Turkish
+ ...
Exporting Projects Feb 17, 2009

I have Across PE V.4 (SP3c) and I can export projects created by me. Exporting projects created by the client is another issue, and I don't know the answer.

Selcuk

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
United States
Local time: 02:06
English to German
Project back-up Feb 18, 2009

When you get a file from an LSP its a bit different. Sorry, but I was under the assumption that you were working with PE on a project. When you get a project from a client, there is also a relatively easy way. However, this will depend on how the LSP has set it up.

When you send back the package, you can specifiy the file name in the dialog instead of the direct upload. Since this also can be repeated use the same paradigm, aka append the date.

You will find more info
... See more
When you get a file from an LSP its a bit different. Sorry, but I was under the assumption that you were working with PE on a project. When you get a project from a client, there is also a relatively easy way. However, this will depend on how the LSP has set it up.

When you send back the package, you can specifiy the file name in the dialog instead of the direct upload. Since this also can be repeated use the same paradigm, aka append the date.

You will find more info in the Across Step By Step User Manual v4.0 SP2 (Last update August 5, 2008) in the section 3.9.3 Delivering Finished Packages.

Again, this depends on the setup by the LSP. When I set it up on my end at my work, I made sure that the translators can make backups at least in this manner. If your LSP does not allow this, you might want to make the suggestion for future projects and contact the across support to see if they have any ideas.

Uwe.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Backup project files in Across

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »