Thread poster: anamaria bulgariu

anamaria bulgariu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 23:59
Member (2007)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Mar 23, 2009

Ok, this is a bit weird to ask but... here it goes.

I´ve downloaded the software, went through all the steps necessary for installing it (I believe successfully too) but the interface language is in German, like the installation wizard which I somehow managed to understand to some extent. Now I can´t find the interface language "switch" and I´ve already spent too much time on this. As much as I´d like to lern German, it just doesn´t seem like the proper way to get it done

Thank you all German speakers who find a little time to tell me how to do it.

Ana

Direct link Reply with quote

Uwe Schwenk
United States
Local time: 16:59
English to German
UI Language Mar 23, 2009

Anamaria,

did you maybe accidentally donwload the German version. The English version is located under http://www.across.net/en/demo_request_pe.aspx, while the German version is available under http://www.across.net/de/demo_request_pe.aspx.

If you have the Regional settings on your PC set to German and you go to the across website, it will automatically show the German version of the website.

If you have not really started and you would like the English version, I would recommend to uninstall and then reinstall across, making sure it is the English and also select English when the dropdwon for the UI language comes up.

One important point for any install:
The language used in the original install is the language that will be used in the SQL database, menaing the fields, etc.

This means for example in the subjects when you have installed the German version the field Technology will be the shown as Technologie, regardless of User Interface.

Uwe

anamaria bulgariu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 23:59
Member (2007)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Mar 23, 2009

Dear Uwe,

That's exactly what I did. I just supposed I can change the language of the interface after installing the program. Guess I need to redo everything.

Thank you,
Ana

Uwe Schwenk
United States
Local time: 16:59
English to German
UI Language Mar 23, 2009

Let me know if evberything works out.

Uwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing interface language Across PE v4.00.0 SP3

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs