Segmentation after : and ;
Thread poster: Boudewijn B
Boudewijn B
Local time: 22:49
Apr 6, 2009

Hello,

In Across the segmentation is set to Sentence. How do I configure Across that an : and ; must be a sentence delimiter

In System settings / Language settings / Locale settings /Default language and Language sets I have added : and ; as sentence delimiter to the sentence rule but this didn't workout.

The pattern I added was
:^_
:^_^a marked as exception
;^_
;^_^a marked as exception

Anyone an idee?

[Edited at 2009-04-06 11:31 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Uwe Schwenk
United States
Local time: 15:49
English to German
Segmentation Apr 6, 2009

Which version of across are you using?

What language are we talking about?

Uwe

Boudewijn B
TOPIC STARTER
Segmentation Apr 6, 2009

The version of Across is 4.0 SP3

The source language is Dutch and the target language is Deutsch. The source document type is Word. I didn't tried it with other document types like MIF.

Uwe Schwenk
United States
English to German
Segmentation Apr 6, 2009

If I understand your email correctly you have added the delimiters in the Sentence Rules for the Language set.

However, to get this to work you have to add it to the relevant language and not to the set displayed as default.

Since I am assuming here that you want to delimit the Dutch in this manner, you will have to go to the Dutch set and add them there. Open the languages list, scroll to the Dutch and add it there.

I tried it with the English and it works just fine by breaking up the English accordingly.

I would never add it in the general part but rather only in the specific language, in case you deal with multiple languages, so you dont inadvertently cause issues if you reverse or change the source language.

Also, I generally close across and restart it after making such changes, because when making them on the fly it does not always kick in right-a-way.

HTH

Uwe

Boudewijn B
TOPIC STARTER
Sentence delimiter Apr 7, 2009

Thanks for your response.

I didn't work for me so far. I added the patterns to the language specific sentence rules for Dutch. But it didn't work out.
I also tried to only add the sentence rules to language specific and deleted the rule at the default part, but this also didn't have any affect.

Is there something wrong about the pattern.

[Edited at 2009-04-07 12:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-04-07 12:08 GMT]

Uwe Schwenk
United States
English to German
Sentence delimiter Apr 7, 2009

I would recommend to contact support, because the pattern is correct, and I am not sure here.

Let us know how it works out.

Uwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmentation after : and ;

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs