Thread poster: Dijana30
Dijana30
Dijana30
Local time: 08:51
Serbian to English
+ ...
Feb 28, 2013

Hello guys.

I need your help. I have been trying to transfer project to another computer to work on, using Tools>Export and then Import project. The message I get is "authorization rejected: package is meant for another server , Your Department" and then the Computer Name. Is there any simple way to transfer project to another computer and finish it?

I have been using the latest patch and Personal Standalone Edition.

Thanks.

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 16:21
English to Swedish
Deliver and Retrieve Mar 1, 2013

Hi,

How did you receive the document from your client? If you used the 'Retrieve Task' funktion you can do the following to work with the task on a different computer.

1. Use 'Deliver Task' to transfer the task to your clients server.
2. Install Across Personal Standalone Edition on the second computer (if needed)
3. Add your client with the .cap file they originally sent you.
4. Login and use 'Retrieve Task' to download the document.

Note
... See more
Hi,

How did you receive the document from your client? If you used the 'Retrieve Task' funktion you can do the following to work with the task on a different computer.

1. Use 'Deliver Task' to transfer the task to your clients server.
2. Install Across Personal Standalone Edition on the second computer (if needed)
3. Add your client with the .cap file they originally sent you.
4. Login and use 'Retrieve Task' to download the document.

Note that you can only work with the document on one computer at a time. Every time you want to swap you will have to Deliver & Retrieve it again.

Asa
Collapse

Dijana30
Dijana30
Serbian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't figure out Mar 1, 2013

I have received plain Word document from my client, and I use Across to make work easier for me. As I already mentioned, I use Standalone Personal Edition, didn't use Remote Clients or anything of that sort. I am new to all this, and can't figure out the difference between versions and Clients. The only version I have found for download was this Personal Edition.
Now, for the concrete problem, I want to transfer project to another computer so I could be able to work while I'm at my boyfrie
... See more
I have received plain Word document from my client, and I use Across to make work easier for me. As I already mentioned, I use Standalone Personal Edition, didn't use Remote Clients or anything of that sort. I am new to all this, and can't figure out the difference between versions and Clients. The only version I have found for download was this Personal Edition.
Now, for the concrete problem, I want to transfer project to another computer so I could be able to work while I'm at my boyfriend's house, I have installed PE there too, but no luck with importing project. (And I can't see anywhere options for delivering projects etc.)

Thank you for your prompt answer.
Collapse

KarnEvil (X)
KarnEvil (X)
South Africa
German to English
+ ...
Hi Dijana Mar 2, 2013

Although I know a simple trick to import a project, I suggest to back up the entire database and load it on your second PC. I do this very often when it's nicer to sit in the garden.

Procedure:

Load your Word Doc in Across on your first PC. You can start translating now or do it later on your second PC. Click File>Save All.

Close Across. Go to the installation folder of Across, programs or programs(86)>across>crossGoodies>Backup+Restore_PE

In t
... See more
Although I know a simple trick to import a project, I suggest to back up the entire database and load it on your second PC. I do this very often when it's nicer to sit in the garden.

Procedure:

Load your Word Doc in Across on your first PC. You can start translating now or do it later on your second PC. Click File>Save All.

Close Across. Go to the installation folder of Across, programs or programs(86)>across>crossGoodies>Backup+Restore_PE

In this folder execute PEBackupRestoreTool.exe. Backup your entire database to a medium of your choice (stick, network drive etc.).

After this has been completed, restore the backup file on your second PC with the same tool. Close the backup tool and open Across. Then open the project that you created on your first PC.

Since you used a complete backup, input and output doc, the full TM (crossTank) and the complete term base (crossTerm) will be available to you. If you use a project you only have both databases for a specific project available.

When you want to work on your first PC again, just do it the other way around.

As a precaution, ensure that both version of Across and MS SQL are the same on both PCs, although I never had problems.

I hope this helps

Roland
Collapse

Andrea Maniscalco
Andrea Maniscalco
Japanese to Italian
+ ...
Same problem... May 28, 2015

Greetings,

I have the same problem: "authorization rejected: package is meant for another server" upon importing projects.

I had to reinstall my OS on my PC so I have exported projects, TM and terminology using the export commands before reinstalling the OS.
Now that I have installed Across back again I have tried to import my own files.
project - "authorization rejected: package is meant for another server"
TM - OK
terminology - OK

... See more
Greetings,

I have the same problem: "authorization rejected: package is meant for another server" upon importing projects.

I had to reinstall my OS on my PC so I have exported projects, TM and terminology using the export commands before reinstalling the OS.
Now that I have installed Across back again I have tried to import my own files.
project - "authorization rejected: package is meant for another server"
TM - OK
terminology - OK

Do you have any clues for me?
Collapse

Dijana30
Dijana30
Serbian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible solution May 28, 2015

Hello Andrea,

I now rarely use Across. Until someone else gives you permanent solution, you could try importing just term base, uploading your project from scratch (like new project), and then pre-translating. I did this few times, it did the trick. I hope this helps.

Cheers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import and export projects

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »