Mobile menu

Off topic: Help translating Akkadian, Ugaritic, and possibly Punic and Hieratic
Thread poster: xxxAzureWolf
May 25, 2008

Note: This is regarding a game being put on by HBO for their upcoming TV show "TrueBlood" about vampires. The translations are real, but it is for a game. I wanted to put that out there first so that anyone who is not interested can disregard this.

Four letters were sent to various people containing the following ancient languages:

Letter 1 - Akkadian
Letter 2 - Hieratic?
Letter 3 - Punic?
Letter 4 - Ugaritic

Any help is much appreciated, you can reach me at this email address. AzureWolf777 at yahoo dot com

If you're interested in joining the game, email me and I can give you some more links.

Thank you all for your time!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help translating Akkadian, Ugaritic, and possibly Punic and Hieratic

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs