Thread poster: Thierry LOTTE

Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:09
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
Apr 6, 2005

"Salve" dear Latin culture freaks ¡

I plan to buy the famous Gibbons in two volumes (the French translation of course – édition “Robert Laffont”, collection “Bouquins”).

As I am already rather well informed about the roman history (already 70 volumes are laying on my bookshelves) I am wondering if it is worthwhile…

Of course I really do know that these two big volumes are really considered as a “must” about the roman history, but, I am wondering if, buying it, I will really improve my knowledge about these historic matters, or, if I will spend a lot of money for something that I do not really need.

I would be glad if you could give me your opinion about it and/or suggest me some more important and/or interesting books to buy about his subject.

Thanks in advance,

[Edited at 2005-04-06 01:56]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs