Mobile menu

Mac OS X: Mice jump :-(
Thread poster: schmurr

schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:58
Italian to German
+ ...
Oct 24, 2003

On the new screen of my new Mac, the cursor every now and then jumps into a remote corner. I replaced the mouse by another, but the same thing happens. Both mice are Apple Pro Mouse with the red light underneath. How can I tame my mice's wanderlust?

Greetings from cold Italy
Martin

Direct link Reply with quote

Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Make the surface less slippery... Oct 24, 2003

and your mice will slow down!

I've found that even barely reflecting surfaces (my desk, if it's too clean increases dramatically the wanderlust of the mouse. It starts dancing polka!

AND... putting a sheet of opaque paper (or waiting for a bit of dust to settle) is much cheaper than getting a new mouse

HTH

PS The erratic polka goes on both if I move the mouse around AND when I type, paying no attention to the little cutie... maybe that's it: it feels deserted and tries to attract our attention

Martin Schmurr wrote:

On the new screen of my new Mac, the cursor every now and then jumps into a remote corner. I replaced the mouse by another, but the same thing happens. Both mice are Apple Pro Mouse with the red light underneath. How can I tame my mice's wanderlust?

Greetings from cold Italy
Martin

[Edited at 2003-10-24 14:53]

Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks a lot Muja! Oct 24, 2003

now I've left the office and I'm at school in the staff room, but I'll try it out on Monday!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not use mouse pads with pictures Oct 24, 2003

if you use optical mice.
I had big problems with my Logitech optical mouse (on PC, but this does not matter), until I discovered, that the reason was the mouse pad I was using. It was a black and white comic picture. Now I use a simply blue one - the mouse is not jumping anymore...

Kind regards
Jerzy

Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jerzy! Oct 27, 2003

that did work! I don't use my mousepad anymore (ther was a cat on it, to boot), and it's OK!
By the way my European school received a delegation of Polish headmasters last week...

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Czech to German
+ ...
If you were a mouse... Oct 27, 2003

Martin Schmurr wrote:

that did work! I don't use my mousepad anymore (ther was a cat on it, to boot), and it's OK!
By the way my European school received a delegation of Polish headmasters last week...

... would you not jump when getting too near to a cat?!

Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
no mousepad Oct 27, 2003

Charlotte Blank wrote:

... would you not jump when getting too near to a cat?!

LOL! By the way, I use a mousepad for pc, but not for mac, and I've never had such problems. No dancing mouse whatsoever (Martin, I'm sure you know the Italian saying "quando il gatto non c'è i topi ballano"... does it ring a bell? )

Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
well, my mouse started again, Oct 27, 2003

and this time it's the end: I've posted a thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/15314

[Edited at 2003-10-27 17:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mac OS X: Mice jump :-(

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs