Off topic: What replacements for Adobe Photo DeLuxe
Thread poster: Valentina Pecchiar

Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 31, 2004

Hi everyone!

As you probably know, this application was discontinued some 2 yrs ago and to my knowledge it was not even "ported" to OS X. So far I've been using it under Classic or in OS 9 but I am trying to move on to OS X once and forever and iPhoto's editing features are pretty limited.

Does any of you have any suggestion about a similar product? It doesn't need to be a freeware.

Thanks a million for any hint

[Edited at 2004-11-01 02:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:48
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
check out Photoshop Elements Nov 1, 2004

Hi Muja.

You might want to check out Adobe Photoshop Elements (http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/photoshopelmac/main.html) - it's a cheaper, scaled down version of Photoshop, but still with a lot of photo editing features and an easier to use interface.
They offer an upgrade path/price from PhotoDeluxe (https://eurostore.adobe.com/cgi-bin/uk1/templates/product?mv_arg=PSEMAC).

HtH,
Roberta

[Edited at 2004-11-01 06:14]

Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eureka! Nov 1, 2004

Roberta Anderson wrote:
You might want to check out Adobe Photoshop Elements

Thanks Roberta!

There is now a v. 3 for Mac OS 10.2.8 and 10.3, which I already ordered
I remember checking it out in the past and and discarding it either because there was no Mac version or it would not run on my OS version, I don't remember. Foolishly enough, I did not go back to the Adobe website before posting.

Have a good Ognissanti day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What replacements for Adobe Photo DeLuxe

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs