Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 00:21
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
Jul 2, 2016

Hi all,

Could you please share your experience with me and suggest a professional OS X based project management software for Translation agencies.

After having used Projetex for years I would like to get a straight software to use directly on my Mac platform without any interference of Windows/Parallels.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Sherefedin

Stefan Budrich
Stefan Budrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
TOM, FileMaker-based tool Jul 3, 2016

we have been using TOM (http://www.jovo-soft.de/) for a number of years now. Its MacOs compatibility was one of the primary reasons why we purchased it back in 2007 when we were still a Mac-only outfit.
I'd suggest you get in touch with the developer and ask for a demo version.

Stefan

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 4, 2016

Thank you Stefan for your suggestion. I have contacted jovo-soft and asked for some more details about their software.
Hope this will bring a more stable solution to my present configuration.

Best regards,
Sherefedin

Volodymyr Kukharenko
Volodymyr Kukharenko
Ukraine
Local time: 01:21
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Protemos Jul 25, 2016

www.protemos.com

It's not OS X, but web-based, so it does not matter which operating system you use. All you need is just a browser.

Lennart Luhtaru
Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
Any for freelancers besides TOM? Aug 26, 2016

I'm trying to move away from TO3000 as it's only Win based and I don't run my VM 24/7. I'm checking out TOM demo, but what other options are there?

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:21
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I recommend "BaccS" Aug 26, 2016

Some info:

http://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/303146-baccs_free_online_invoicing_and_pm_software_for_translators.html

http://www.ibaccs.com/

Michael

Lennart Luhtaru
Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
Online doesnt work for me Aug 26, 2016

Hi Michael, thanks for your recommendation, but I don't want any of the online browser based tools.

With a local install, I can have a copy of database in time machine and another copy in dropbox, which would give me a backup automatically in laptop, desktop, cloud, and external hdd.

With online-only solution the PM software provider could go under and I could lose all my data in a day.

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exactly what I am looking for Aug 26, 2016

Lennart Luhtaru wrote:

Hi Michael, thanks for your recommendation, but I don't want any of the online browser based tools.

With a local install, I can have a copy of database in time machine and another copy in dropbox, which would give me a backup automatically in laptop, desktop, cloud, and external hdd.

With online-only solution the PM software provider could go under and I could lose all my data in a day.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:21
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
BaccS has a backup system (allowing you to export/download all your data regularly) Aug 26, 2016

Lennart Luhtaru wrote:

Hi Lennart,

BaccS has a system to backup (and restore) all of your important data. See e.g: http://www.ibaccs.com/BackupRestore

It also has a system to import all of your data from TO3000, making it extremely easy to test your existing data from TO3000. see e.g.: http://www.ibaccs.com/ImportExternalData

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OS based project management software

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »