Who has experiences with Heartsome? Training in Germany?
Thread poster: Martina Höppner (X)
Martina Höppner (X)
Martina Höppner (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:16
English to German
+ ...
Oct 13, 2006

I bought the Heartsome Translation Suite half a year ago and am able to work easy jobs with it but I can't really find my way in. Who works with Heartsome and can tell me about their experiences?

Is there any Heartsome training available in Germany? I would greatly appreciate help because I think it's not that Heartsome is wrong, I just can't figure out many things and have trouble just learning from their help section.

Thanks in advance,
Martina

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:16
English to German
+ ...
Not that I know of Oct 14, 2006

Hello Martina,

as far as I know, there is no such thing as a training or even a tutorial for the Heartsome Suite or any of its editors.

I used to work with the XLIFF Editor a lot, and also have some experience with the TMX Editor. I'll be glad to answer your questions if I can.

Have you thought about joining the mailing list? It is the best place to ask questions.

Sonja

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:16
English to Spanish
Heartsome support options Oct 14, 2006

Hi,

You can join Heartsome's Support mailing list filling the form at http://www.heartsome.net/EN/mailist.html

If you have questions or problems, you can send a message to [email protected] and ask for help.
... See more
Hi,

You can join Heartsome's Support mailing list filling the form at http://www.heartsome.net/EN/mailist.html

If you have questions or problems, you can send a message to [email protected] and ask for help.

You can also visit Heartsome's wiki at http://www.heartsome.org/hswiki and check the tips and tricks section. There is a section where users write their wishes for the programs and most of them get implemented.

Finally, you can ask questions here. I may be able to help you with all aspects of Heartsome's tools.

Best regards,
Rodolfo
Collapse

Martina Höppner (X)
Martina Höppner (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:16
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I do that? Oct 14, 2006

Hi Sonja, thanks for your answer!

Sorry, the question might be stupid, but where and how can I join the mailing list? I couldn't find it. I only started using proz.com and I get lost all the time…
Have you changed your CAT tool and why?

Martina

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:16
English to German
+ ...
Add your questions to this thread Oct 14, 2006

Since Rodolfo already replied to your question about the mailing list, I can only add that you can also ask any questions you might have in this thread.

I used to work a lot with Wordfast and was looking for an alternative CAT that runs on Linux too, so I bought Heartsome. (In fact, WF does work with Linux if you have Word installed, but I was looking for a "standalone" option.)
At the moment I prefer to work with OmegaT when I am not able to run Wordfast.

Sonja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who has experiences with Heartsome? Training in Germany?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »