Ouadoud
Ouadoud  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:05
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 21, 2003

I quote from Sylvain Leray (Peer Translator) who posted this in:

\"Hello,

I just received a mail from \"[email protected]\" subject \"Re:Approved (Ref. 3394-65467)\", with an attached file \"screen_temp.pif\". Norton Antivirus did\'nt \"say\" anything, but I made the update for virus definitions and it then \"told\" me it is a virus.

Have a nice day!

Sylvain\"

So if you receive an email with attachment from
... See more
I quote from Sylvain Leray (Peer Translator) who posted this in:

\"Hello,

I just received a mail from \"[email protected]\" subject \"Re:Approved (Ref. 3394-65467)\", with an attached file \"screen_temp.pif\". Norton Antivirus did\'nt \"say\" anything, but I made the update for virus definitions and it then \"told\" me it is a virus.

Have a nice day!

Sylvain\"

So if you receive an email with attachment from: [email protected], be careful it contains a worm.

Salam

Ouadoud

P.S: Thanks Sylvain.

For more info, just look at: http://www.proz.com/topic/11225

[Edited at 2003-05-21 21:10]
Collapse

Jeannie Graham
Jeannie Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:05
German to English
+ ...
I found out the hard way! May 22, 2003

Yes, I received these e-mails from microsoft and as the e-mail address was a microsoft one, thought it ok and opened it.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

The above is an address where you can download a fix if you have been infected.

Jeannie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virus Alert

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »