+ ...
Oct 16, 2003

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته،
رسالة وصلتني من أخت عراقية. أرجو مساعدتها منكم
مع الاحترام
عامر العظم
المنسق العام

Dear sirs,
I am a student in translation department in Iraq. I have to write a paper on translation ethics: translator’s ethical commitments towards the SL, TL, TL readers and original author and the ethical problems during translating. I have to collect references in order to depend on in writing my paper but regrettably due to the recent events in Iraq many references and books were looted and burned. please I am asking for your help if you can send me any material, paper, article about translation ethics. my specialty field is English and Arabic languages: translation from Arabic into English and vise versa.
Your reply will be highly appreciated my email is
Thank you for taking your time

Direct link Reply with quote
shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:33
English to Arabic
+ ...
Details, please; suggestion in view of your schedule Oct 17, 2003

Greetings... taHaiya tayyiba wamaa b3ad...

Hiyaakum Allah jamii3aan...

Re the post on your behalf in the Arabic forum of .

Please furnish some details about your project.

Since the postal mail service in Iraq is not fully restored, it might be easier (and faster) to e-mail suitable references and/or citations to you, once I have a clearer idea of the scope of your project. What is your university where you are studying?

In view of your apparently-closing time left to finish and submit your interesting paper, you also might try doing some web searches for the various websites -- in Arabic and English -- that relate to the ethics and practice of translating and interpreting.

Let me know.

HTH. Khair, in sha Allah.

Stephen H, Franke
San Pedro, California, USA

e-mail: < >

Amer al-Azem
Local time: 06:33
English to Arabic
+ ...
Many thanks, Stephen, Oct 20, 2003

On her behalf and mine, Thank you, you are always helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

أرجو المساعدة مع الشكر الجزيل

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs