dictionary for engineering
Thread poster: Mueen Issa
Mueen Issa  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 7, 2005

Hello everybody

Is there any engineering dictionary En-Ar you know on the Net??
Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
Engineering Dictionaries Mar 7, 2005

Greetings.. ahalan wa sahalan...

I may be misinformed, but other than the general online bidirectional Arabic English Arabic dictionaries, glossaries and thesauri on the web, there are no specialized references on engineering (which field itself encompasses a wide range of disciplines).

I have a number of bilingual dictionaries and related references on different aspects of engineering, such as civil, construction, electrical, telecommunications, mechanical, and petrolume/gas industries. So, feel free to ask for clarification of troublesome terms you might encounter used in those areas.

Likely bookstores in Jordan you might check:

1. Dar al-Bashir for Publishing & Distribution, located in the Jerusalem Jewel Trade Center, in the Al-Abdali section of Amman. Tel: 659891 or 659892.

2. Another bookstore (albeit with a smalelr stock, as I remember) is Dar al-Shurooq lilnashir wa al-tawzii3.

Dar al-Shurooq is pretty near to Dar al-Bashir. (I don't have a current tel number, but it's another well-known bookstore)

Hope this helps.

Khair, in sah' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pero, California

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

dictionary for engineering

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs