Help with writing Arabic in web forms
Thread poster: Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Jul 17, 2005

My main computer is down, so I am currently using a standby computer (Dell, Windows XP). For some reason, I am unable to write Arabic in web forms on this computer. I can write Arabic in MS Word with no problem. I can copy Arabic text from an MS Word document and paste it in a web form, but I cannot write Arabic directly in a web form. If I switch the language indicator on the tasktray to Arabic, I get a strange string of characters instead of Arabic text. For example, if I press the keys q-w-e-... See more
My main computer is down, so I am currently using a standby computer (Dell, Windows XP). For some reason, I am unable to write Arabic in web forms on this computer. I can write Arabic in MS Word with no problem. I can copy Arabic text from an MS Word document and paste it in a web form, but I cannot write Arabic directly in a web form. If I switch the language indicator on the tasktray to Arabic, I get a strange string of characters instead of Arabic text. For example, if I press the keys q-w-e-r-t-y, I get 65+BA:

This is happening despite the fact that encoding is switched to Arabic (Windows). I can display Arabic text in web pages without any problem, but I cannot write Arabic.

What is even more surprising is that I can write Arabic in instant messages using MSN Messenger, but I cannot write Arabic email using hotmail or yahoo for example.

I have never experienced anything like this on any other computer. Can anybody shed any light on this matter. Thank you very much.
Collapse

Ahmad Hassaballa
Ahmad Hassaballa  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:53
Member (2005)
German to Arabic
+ ...
Re: Jul 18, 2005

1. Open Control Panel
2. Go to Regional and Langugae Options
3. In the Language tab, check whether the "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) is checked. If not, please do.
4. In the Advanced tab, select Arabic (with any locale) in the dropdown list.

Kind regards,

Ahmad Hassaballa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with writing Arabic in web forms

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »