Thread poster: libhf
libhf
libhf
United States
Local time: 05:10
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 18, 2006

In Word 2003 one has the option of choosing displaying/editing Hindi numerals. But in Powerpoint (same release) one can only display/edit Arabic numerals.

In the Options Menu there is no tab for Complex Scripts, and under fonts the complex script option is for general font choice.

So far none of my clients has insisted on Hindi numerals in the PPT presentations that I have translated.

I am trying to seek a workaround to enable me do this in case such a r
... See more
In Word 2003 one has the option of choosing displaying/editing Hindi numerals. But in Powerpoint (same release) one can only display/edit Arabic numerals.

In the Options Menu there is no tab for Complex Scripts, and under fonts the complex script option is for general font choice.

So far none of my clients has insisted on Hindi numerals in the PPT presentations that I have translated.

I am trying to seek a workaround to enable me do this in case such a request is made.

I have searched the MS Knowledgebase for possibilities but all refer to numeral formatting in Word.

Does this mean we are stuck with the Arabic display irrespective of the context of the text?

Hikmat Faraj
Collapse

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 02:10
English to Arabic
+ ...
Hindi numbers inside MS PPT 2003 Jul 20, 2006

Greetings... ahalan wa sahalan...

The "Hindi" numbers are available inside MS PPT 2003, but you need to go this route in the tool bar:

INSERT => SYMBOL => scroll down the matrix displayed until you find the number you want to insert, then click and insert where you want on your working page.

Cumbersome procedure, but it works.

Hope this helps.

Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Ped
... See more
Greetings... ahalan wa sahalan...

The "Hindi" numbers are available inside MS PPT 2003, but you need to go this route in the tool bar:

INSERT => SYMBOL => scroll down the matrix displayed until you find the number you want to insert, then click and insert where you want on your working page.

Cumbersome procedure, but it works.

Hope this helps.

Khair, in shaa' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California
Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 12:10
English to Arabic
+ ...
Another solution... Jul 31, 2006

Manipulate "Regional Settings" from control Panel to set numbers the format you like.

Kind regards
Ahmed Wadan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hindi numerals in MS Powerpoint

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »