Thread poster: Nahed Hussein
Nahed Hussein
Local time: 23:02
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 27, 2006

Arabic QuarkXpress Awareness Help

Dear All

Can any one help me for how to be skilled in DTP workk using QuarkXpress for typesetting DTP work for Arabic Language, I have theversion QuarkXpress 6.1 but does not import Arabic texts, strange characters.
I did an extensive search online, found that there is a solution called ArabicXT, extensions, enable me to insert Arabic texts.

Can you help me. I will highly appreciate your help.

Thank You.

Yours,
Nahed

Direct link Reply with quote

duraid
Australia
Local time: 07:02
Arabic to English
+ ...
Upgrade to 6.5 Middle Eastern Edition Nov 27, 2006

Hi, although I don’t use QuarkXpress but indesign, I found that version 6.5 supports Arabic. You may download a demo version from the following address:

http://www.quark.com/products/xpress/middleeast.html

Regards

Moataz H.
Egypt
Local time: 23:02
Arabic to English
+ ...
Arabic Typesetting Using QuarkXpress Apr 14, 2007

Hi, typeseeting Arabic in QuarkXpress represents a serious problem for Quark users. To typeset Arabic into Quark you should use Arabic Extension as you found, ArabicXT, but it is not for free it will afford you some amount of money.

Otherwise, you can overcome this problem using a simple solution, typeset Arabic in Adobe Illustrator, make the Arabic text outlined, and import the outlined EPS into Quark.
Many clients know this solution and work on it. It is perfect but not all clients accept that.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic QuarkXpress Awareness Help

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs