Help with Arabic text
Thread poster: wintranslation
wintranslation
Canada
Local time: 13:35
English
Jul 16, 2007

Hi,

I need help from an Arabic translator; can somebody take a look at this link: http://www.darfurisdying.com/MULTILINGUAL/arabic/index.html?

And let me know if the Arabic text shows properly? I believe that there are some spaces entered in the text and some of the Arabic letter changed their form, so the text isn’t correct anymore. It will be enough if somebody can check only the title…
Thank you,
Felicia

Direct link Reply with quote

Laura Diez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:35
French to Spanish
+ ...
Letters are not connected Jul 16, 2007

Hi Felicia,
you're right, the text isn't showing properly because the letters should be connected and they're not, so it's very difficult to read the text. It's a bit as if it were written like this in latin characters:

d a r f u r i s d y i n g

but worse.

I think it is, as you've said, that there is a space between every letter that shouldn't be there.

Good luck!

wintranslation
Canada
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Jul 16, 2007

Thanks for your time; this is what I wanted to know.
Felicia

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:35
English to Arabic
+ ...
Unjoined, but no spaces Jul 16, 2007

As Laura pointed out, the letters should be joined, but the problem is not that there are spaces. The text was probably typed in properly (when you type Arabic, the letters of one word are automatically joined), but then you viewed it on a computer which doesn't support Arabic text, so the letters became disjoined.

Ehab Tantawy  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:35
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Designed Flash Problem Jul 17, 2007

Dear Felicia,

I think the problem is not in the PC which displays the flash, the problem occurred as a result of the program that designed and processed the flash from the start, may it supports the Arabic Lang. but it needs a plug-in, I do not know which one, that makes the Arabic words appears joined.

I hope this helps to investigate the issue and search for the best solution.

Regards,
Ehab Tantawy

wintranslation
Canada
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 17, 2007

Thank you all for replies. Yes, it seems that it's a Flash problem.
Felicia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Arabic text

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs