Thread poster: Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 27, 2007

Hi all,

I happened to come across this job posting yesterday from some company in Turkey. I am sure many of you checked it out, but did you stop to wonder at the incredibly insulting rate they are offering? For the life of me, I cannot imagine how any one in his/her right mind would apply to a job like that? This is outrageous. Rates will continue to stoop even lower unless we chose to ignore employers of that caliber. What are they thinking!

BR
Noha

[Edi
... See more
Hi all,

I happened to come across this job posting yesterday from some company in Turkey. I am sure many of you checked it out, but did you stop to wonder at the incredibly insulting rate they are offering? For the life of me, I cannot imagine how any one in his/her right mind would apply to a job like that? This is outrageous. Rates will continue to stoop even lower unless we chose to ignore employers of that caliber. What are they thinking!

BR
Noha

[Edited at 2007-08-28 06:07]
Collapse

Yaser Suleiman
Yaser Suleiman
Jordan
Local time: 04:04
German to Arabic
+ ...
You are right Noha Aug 27, 2007

This is really insulting. What do those people think?!!
I also felt the same as I read this announcement, I thought this is crazy! And I still think no respectful translator would ever accept such prices!! 100000 words, which means way more than 400 Pages for just 1300 USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is nonsense!!

Best Regards,

Yaser

Qutubuddin Khan
Qutubuddin Khan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 06:34
English to Arabic
+ ...
I could not believe it! Aug 28, 2007

Hi,

I could not believe it when I was reading it. It is really insulting, as Noha has rightly termed it.

Best Regards,

Qutubuddin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Insulting rates

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »