https://www.proz.com/forum/arabic/8423-need_advice_on_how_to_find_arabic_keyboard_or_how_to_understand_the_transfigured_arabic_letters.html

Need advice on how to find arabic keyboard, or how to understand the transfigured arabic letters.
Thread poster: Shog Imas
Shog Imas
Shog Imas  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:31
English to French
+ ...
Feb 9, 2003

When reading Arabic answers to the \"Answer kudoZ\", all Arabic letters are transfigured on my screen. I write some answers using english letters, but can not participate to the agree/disagree. Its impossible for me to read the non-Arabic transfigured letters.

Please some advice for finding the way to decipher these non-Aeabic letters.

Tharaa Hafez
Tharaa Hafez
Egypt
Local time: 06:31
Arabic to English
+ ...
Word 2000 Feb 10, 2003

I had the same problem and I solved it by installing Word 2000 Arabic Version .

Install it and you will be able to write and read Arabic.

Good Luck

Saraa

Tharaa Hafez
Tharaa Hafez
Egypt
Local time: 06:31
Arabic to English
+ ...
Word 2000 Feb 10, 2003

I forgot to tell you , once you install the Word 2000 ; you will read the arabic characters . To write them your have to press Alt+Shift and the cursor will change its direction and you will be able to right Arabic characters.

Saraa

Shog Imas
Shog Imas  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:31
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Saraa for your help. I am very glad to see your advice. Feb 11, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-09 05:10, shoimas wrote:

When reading Arabic answers to the \"Answer kudoZ\", all Arabic letters are transfigured on my screen. I write some answers using english letters, but can not participate to the agree/disagree. Its impossible for me to read the non-Arabic transfigured letters.

Please some advice for finding the way to decipher these non-Aeabic letters.

S. Rashid Hasan
S. Rashid Hasan  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
Urdu to English
+ ...
View Arabic characters in your mail! Mar 18, 2003

You can decipher these non-arabic characters by going to the View menu of your internet explorer, select encoding then select Arabic(Windows). You would be able to transform those alien characters into arabic.

Syed Rashid Hasan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need advice on how to find arabic keyboard, or how to understand the transfigured arabic letters.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »