Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 16:52
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 19, 2007

Please provide your recommendations for DSL service in Alexandria. I believe the two main services are Te-Data and Link. How do they compare in terms of:

- reliability
- tech support (phone, on site)
- company stability (who owns the company, what is the mother company?)
- etc.

Please also mention any personal experience, recommended plan (512K, 1M, etc.)

Your information will help me choose a service to subscribe to.

Thanks.

Ehab Tantawy
Ehab Tantawy  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Many Parameters control your selection!!! Nov 19, 2007

Asslamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh,

Dear Brother Alaa,

Welcome back to Egypt.

Concerning the selection for any of the services, I am using TE-Data from a year ago, I am 256K, and I found it satisfactory for me. Many parameters could control and affect the speed of the line is the third party between you and TE-Data (called here the "Central"):
<
... See more
Asslamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh,

Dear Brother Alaa,

Welcome back to Egypt.

Concerning the selection for any of the services, I am using TE-Data from a year ago, I am 256K, and I found it satisfactory for me. Many parameters could control and affect the speed of the line is the third party between you and TE-Data (called here the "Central"):

Check this link
http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:qEapOzoazb8J:www.swalif.net/softs/swalif12/softs121899/%20ISP%20سنترال&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=eg&client=firefox-a
But concerning the Cust. Service, I called them at 2:00 AM and 4:00 AM and 6:00 AM and other working times, they are available at any time, but may link is not as good as TE-Data in this point.

very rare time the line becomes down.

You can search , Arabic keywords, on Google to find better results.

HTH,

Regards,
Ehab
Collapse

Waleed Mohamed
Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 18:52
English to Arabic
+ ...
TE Data and EgyNet Nov 19, 2007

Dear Mr. Alaa,

I hope you are fine!

I think you should narrow your options to the above mentioned two companies. EgyNet is the biggest in terms of coverage, and TE Data is the fastest-growing one.

I currently use EgyNet (256 Package). I faced some downtime problems in the beginning, but now, for more than 7 months, the service is great and with almost no downtime. However, whenever I faced any problems in the beginning, I was receiving a great, profession
... See more
Dear Mr. Alaa,

I hope you are fine!

I think you should narrow your options to the above mentioned two companies. EgyNet is the biggest in terms of coverage, and TE Data is the fastest-growing one.

I currently use EgyNet (256 Package). I faced some downtime problems in the beginning, but now, for more than 7 months, the service is great and with almost no downtime. However, whenever I faced any problems in the beginning, I was receiving a great, professional and quick tech support. Tech support people at EgyNet are very helpful and professional.

So, for EgyNet, it is reliable, and has great tech support (no waiting for long time on the phone and available 24 hours) and very good uptime.

TE Data is the most famous one in Egypt right now. I think it's OK to go with TE Data because I expect it to be reliable and my friends say their service is very stable and has no downtime.
However, if you want to go for TE Data, just try to make sure that their tech support is as great as EgyNet. You can do this by calling their support hotline (I think it is 19777) and see whether they answer quickly and whether they work 24 hours a day. I am not sure they have 24/7 tech support like EgyNet.

As for which package is right, if you don't download large files, only small Word and PDF files, I think 256 KB will be fine. Note that almost all packages are the same in terms of web browsing.

If you expect to download large files, you should go with 512 or 1 MB package.

Finally, the following link has the contact info of the main service providers in Egypt:
http://www.broadband.com.eg/SProviders.asp

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards

Waleed
Collapse

Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
TE DATA Nov 20, 2007

Hi Alaa,

Yes, I second Waleed and Ehab's opinions. TE DATA is quite reliable. I used to be a client with Link, but yes, the "downtime" was rather too much to put up with.

Service at TE DATA is quite professional but their call center is not as good. You need to make like 5 - 8 trials to have someone answer your call. But, since the service is good, I rarely need customers service. So, on the whole, I am quite pleased and will definitely continue to subscribe with them.
... See more
Hi Alaa,

Yes, I second Waleed and Ehab's opinions. TE DATA is quite reliable. I used to be a client with Link, but yes, the "downtime" was rather too much to put up with.

Service at TE DATA is quite professional but their call center is not as good. You need to make like 5 - 8 trials to have someone answer your call. But, since the service is good, I rarely need customers service. So, on the whole, I am quite pleased and will definitely continue to subscribe with them.

Best,
Noha
Collapse

Sabry Hameed
Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2004)
Persian (Farsi) to Arabic
+ ...
Egynet is too bad Mar 20, 2008

Hi All,

from my experience, Tedata is the best

I have Egynet at home and Tedata in my office and really I see that Egynet is too bad to rely on as I'm suffering too many disconnections and too unprofessional sales and tech support

Sabry Gameel Hameed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which DSL service in Egypt?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »