Mobile menu

Off topic: Good schools for learning Arabic?
Thread poster: PTI_Global

United States
Local time: 01:57
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 12, 2008

I wonder if anyone here is familiar with schools in Egypt that teach students Arabic and to teach English? I’m looking at this program and considering trying to do this or something similar next year: But I do not know anything about the quality of the school and its program. I think the Monterey Institute in California, USA, may be a better way to learn Arabic (because of the length of the program, the intensity of study, and reputation of the school), but would not offer the opportunity to completely immerse myself in a cultural experience that would enhance the learning (and with twice the cost).

Would you offer a professional (or personal) opinion on the best way for an American with only English and very basic Spanish language skills to prepare for spending some time in Egypt? It seems that I can't learn a langauge without total immersion.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dawn Millican

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good schools for learning Arabic?

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs