Mobile menu

Contract: Should I be able to provide one?
Thread poster: Alan Campbell

Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:09
Russian to English
+ ...
May 12, 2003

I\'ve had a mail from a potential client who wishes to employ my translation services for a trial period of two months, and has asked me to provide a contract. Should I be able to provide such a thing? If so, what should be included? Is there any model contract available that could be tailored to my needs? I thought that it was generally the client who drew up the contracts. That\'s certainly been the case in any other client work I\'ve done.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Alan Campbell

Direct link Reply with quote
Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:09
English to German
+ ...
Model contract May 12, 2003

Hi Alan,

I think a contract should generally be suited to national law and be thoroughly reviewd by a lawyer or someone who has some good understanding of national (and/or international) law.

However, you can find a model contract on ATA\'s webpage

I think, this is a good starting point, but you should definitely customize it to your needs.

Hope it helps.

shule  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:09
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sample Translation Agreement May 12, 2003

Here is one:

Hope it helps.

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:09
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
ITI & IOL ? May 16, 2003

In addition to the suggestions already made, I believe the above organizations offer advice (about) and standard contracts - I\'m not sure about the details of whether samples would be free to members or modestly priced, but it might be worth enquiring, and they would certainly give advice (isn\'t the ITI \"yours\" )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contract: Should I be able to provide one?

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs