ITI (UK) Membership pass rate?
Thread poster: Mary Worby

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:58
German to English
+ ...
Jun 18, 2003

Just a quick query, does anybody know what the rough pass rate is for the ITI membership assessment tests?

TIA

Mary

[Edited at 2003-06-18 16:20]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 22:58
SITE FOUNDER
Heard a rumor on ATA rate Jun 19, 2003

I can't answer your question, but if it is of any value, I was once told the pass rate on the ATA test was 20%. That was a few years ago, and I don't know whether that statistic was accurate then, or whether it would still be now.

xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:58
German to English
+ ...
ITI membership pass rate Jun 19, 2003

Mary,

I have relayed your question to one of the ITI's network groups but haven't yet received a conclusive answer. I had a figure of 50% in my mind - but then I might have been thinking of the British driving test.

There are two different means of entry: by means of a "test translation" done under realistic conditions (i.e. at home, over three days, with the use of whatever resources one thinks appropriate), and by submission of one's own work for review. A condition for the latter option is longer experience, and I presume the success rate is higher than for the first option.

Marc

United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 19, 2003

Thanks, Henry and Marc!

I'd be interested in what your contact does come up with, Marc. I'm taking the assessment route which I presume is the latter of the options you mention.

I'd have thought the driving test pass rate was lower! From purely personal experience, I'd reckon on about 1 in 3!

Best regards

Mary

xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:58
German to English
+ ...
Around 50% Jun 20, 2003

According to one former member of the Exam Committee.

I see you are an ITI Associate. Have you thought of joining the ITI German Network?

Marc

United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Marc! Jun 20, 2003

MarcPrior wrote:

According to one former member of the Exam Committee.

I see you are an ITI Associate. Have you thought of joining the ITI German Network?

I'm not really sure what the different networks involve! I was part of my local area network, but felt the benefits of geographical proximity were lost given that the profession is now largely e-mail based!

Where could I find out more about the German network? I'll have a look on the ITI site ...

Regards

Mary

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ITI (UK) Membership pass rate?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs