Thread poster: Mary Worby
Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:58
German to English
+ ...
Jun 18, 2003

Just a quick query, does anybody know what the rough pass rate is for the ITI membership assessment tests?

TIA

Mary

[Edited at 2003-06-18 16:20]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:58
SITE FOUNDER
Heard a rumor on ATA rate Jun 19, 2003

I can't answer your question, but if it is of any value, I was once told the pass rate on the ATA test was 20%. That was a few years ago, and I don't know whether that statistic was accurate then, or whether it would still be now.

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:58
German to English
+ ...
ITI membership pass rate Jun 19, 2003

Mary,

I have relayed your question to one of the ITI's network groups but haven't yet received a conclusive answer. I had a figure of 50% in my mind - but then I might have been thinking of the British driving test.

There are two different means of entry: by means of a "test translation" done under realistic conditions (i.e. at home, over three days, with the use of whatever resources one thinks appropria
... See more
Mary,

I have relayed your question to one of the ITI's network groups but haven't yet received a conclusive answer. I had a figure of 50% in my mind - but then I might have been thinking of the British driving test.

There are two different means of entry: by means of a "test translation" done under realistic conditions (i.e. at home, over three days, with the use of whatever resources one thinks appropriate), and by submission of one's own work for review. A condition for the latter option is longer experience, and I presume the success rate is higher than for the first option.

Marc
Collapse

Mary Worby
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 19, 2003

Thanks, Henry and Marc!

I'd be interested in what your contact does come up with, Marc. I'm taking the assessment route which I presume is the latter of the options you mention.

I'd have thought the driving test pass rate was lower! From purely personal experience, I'd reckon on about 1 in 3!

Best regards

Mary

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:58
German to English
+ ...
Around 50% Jun 20, 2003

According to one former member of the Exam Committee.

I see you are an ITI Associate. Have you thought of joining the ITI German Network?

Marc

Mary Worby
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Marc! Jun 20, 2003

MarcPrior wrote:

According to one former member of the Exam Committee.

I see you are an ITI Associate. Have you thought of joining the ITI German Network?

I'm not really sure what the different networks involve! I was part of my local area network, but felt the benefits of geographical proximity were lost given that the profession is now largely e-mail based!

Where could I find out more about the German network? I'll have a look on the ITI site ...

Regards

Mary

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ITI (UK) Membership pass rate?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »