Mobile menu

Looking for info on pay when working for agencies in Canada.
Thread poster: Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 29, 2003

Hello all,

I would like an update as to whether rates paid by Canadian agencies are comparable to those paid by agencies in the U.S. Is the current market in Canada still bearing rates on the higher end of the spectrum?

Also, is there anything I should consider as far as payment methods? Would it be a good idea to set slightly higher rates to take into account currency exchange fees?

Any information/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator, EUTI

[Edited at 2003-10-31 21:57]

Direct link Reply with quote

Tina Vonhof  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:20
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Canadian rates Jul 30, 2003

I have not worked for many agencies in Canada, so I don't have a lot of grounds for comparison. I consider 15 cents/word a good rate (about 10 cents US). Of course your price also depends on the language combination and the length and difficulty of the text. I would certainly calculate in the exchange rate when quoting a price.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for info on pay when working for agencies in Canada.

Advanced search

Translation news

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs