Mobile menu

Is there still a foreign exchange restriction in China?
Thread poster: Veronica Durbaca
Veronica Durbaca  Identity Verified

English to Romanian
+ ...
Sep 17, 2003

A Chinese client told me that there was a foreign exchange restriction in China, so he could only pay me by PayPal. PayPal is not available in Romania, where I live.
I did some research over the Internet and in seems that the foreign exchange restriction system doesn't exist since 1997.
Does anyone know more about that?

Thanks a lot.
Veronica Durbaca

Direct link Reply with quote
bergazy  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:32
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
Instead of checking,,, Sep 17, 2003

... ask him to pay you by Moneybookers.
I think that this service is available in Romania.

Good luck!

Donglai Lou  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:32
Member (2002)
English to Chinese
+ ...
that depends on the amount they owe you. Sep 17, 2003

if the amount is small, such as less than 5,000 dollars. they should be able to pay you by means of wire transfer, money order or western uninion.

if the amount is quite big, you may have to accept other payment options.

anyway, Chinese agency with many foreign clients should have a current foregn currency acount with less governmental restriction.

Veronica Durbaca  Identity Verified

English to Romanian
+ ...
Thank you both for your answers Sep 19, 2003

Thank you. I decided to ask again for payment in any other form except for PayPal (and moneybookers, which my client doesn't trust...) and I hope I won't have to do this too many times from now on. With this client at least...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there still a foreign exchange restriction in China?

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs