Proofreaders: do you ask to be cited in acknowledgments section of papers for publication?
Thread poster: Anthony Green
Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:20
Italian to English
+ ...
Dec 17, 2003

Do most of you who proofread papers for publication ask to be cited in the acknowledgments section? And if so do you use a standard phrase - all of mine sound so naff after a while!

[Edited at 2003-12-17 17:45]

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 18:20
Dutch to English
+ ...
up to the author Dec 17, 2003

Anthony Green wrote:

Do most of you who proofread papers for publication ask to be cited in the acknowledgments section? And if so do you use a standard phrase - all of mine sound so aff after a while!

I think acknowledgements are up to the author - let him/her worry about the wording.

J. Leo (X)
J. Leo (X)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Request to proofread it Dec 18, 2003

I was pleasantly surprised for an acknowledgment only to have found my name misspelled, written within an incomplete sentence. This appeared after the publication.
Tell the author you'll proofread any final texts that may accompany.

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
They need molly-coddling Dec 18, 2003

Of course, Tina, in a perfect world, you are right, but I live in Italy!

Most of my authors say "Sure, that's no problem - what shall I write?" which is where the problem comes in...

Anthony Green wrote:

Do most of you who proofread papers for publication ask to be cited in the acknowledgments section? And if so do you use a standard phrase - all of mine sound so aff after a while!

I think acknowledgements are up to the author - let him/her worry about the wording.
[/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreaders: do you ask to be cited in acknowledgments section of papers for publication?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »