Certificate of accuracy
Thread poster: Jian Chen
Jian Chen
Jian Chen
Local time: 16:30
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jan 8, 2004

I translate many diplomas for mom-and-pop agencies. Most the time I just send the electronic copy to them and they never ask for a certificate of accuracy. To my knowlege, the certificate of accuracy needs to be signed by the traslator in front of a notary public. I wonder how those agencies present the translation to their client without a certificate fo accuracy from me?

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Ask them Jan 8, 2004

...or keep on wondering! Maybe you'll get an answer, maybe not.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:30
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Here in Latvia Jan 8, 2004

we sign and stamp them both as "translation was made by such and such Agency + someone from in-house people signs. The Latvian Law says any person can sign his translation, he has only to write his full name, ID code, usual disclaimer "To the best of my knowledge"...

In most cases (e.g., documents for the Registry of Enterprises that is enough).
It is not enough, e.g., for inheritance, real estate deals and like, but we do not take orders where Notary verification is needed, a
... See more
we sign and stamp them both as "translation was made by such and such Agency + someone from in-house people signs. The Latvian Law says any person can sign his translation, he has only to write his full name, ID code, usual disclaimer "To the best of my knowledge"...

In most cases (e.g., documents for the Registry of Enterprises that is enough).
It is not enough, e.g., for inheritance, real estate deals and like, but we do not take orders where Notary verification is needed, as that takes too much time and fuss and we specialize doing 99% via Internet.

Uldis

Jian Chen wrote:

I translate many diplomas for mom-and-pop agencies. Most the time I just send the electronic copy to them and they never ask for a certificate of accuracy. To my knowlege, the certificate of accuracy needs to be signed by the traslator in front of a notary public. I wonder how those agencies present the translation to their client without a certificate fo accuracy from me?
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
+ ...
To Jian Jan 8, 2004

Simple: I put the translation on my company letterhead and certify it myself. Never had a problem and we've done hundreds of them. If the translator wants to send me his/her certification, I keep it on file just in case. Notarization of my signature is NOT required. (There was a similar thread on this subject recently).

So stop worrying

Trudy

[Edited at 2004-01-08 23:01]

Jian Chen
Jian Chen
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
For Trudy Jan 9, 2004

Hi Trudy,

Thank you so much for your comment, can I have a copy of the certfication you? You can leave the copy on this forum or send it to my mail box: [email protected]

Jian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certificate of accuracy

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »