Help with Trados
Thread poster: Rufino Pérez De La Sierra

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 15, 2002

Hello All! Please forgive me if this is not the correct place to post this, but I am desperate!

I need to have a file translated without Trados, set within Trados. I have both the original and translated files in Word format.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards

Rufino P. De La Sierra

Direct link Reply with quote

Pilar T. Bayle  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
¿? Mar 15, 2002

Sorry, I am not sure I have understood you correctly: Do you need to do a translation with TRADOS and you do not have the program? Is that what you mean? If that\'s what you mean, look for the site for TRADOS, they have demo programs. I am not sure they are totally functional... Otherwise, return the project to your PM and let them know you don\'t have TRADOS yet.

Good luck,

P.

Juan Pablo Solvez Beneyto  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:02
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
WinAlign is your solution Mar 16, 2002

Hi Rufino,

(forgive my english) I understood that you already translated your file out of Trados, and you have to create the memory, right? in that case I suggest you to use WinAlign, part of the Trados package, to align both source and translated files. I would follow the tutorial before, as I guess that this is your first time using it. Contact me if you need more info.

Regards

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... Mar 16, 2002

Gracias Juan Pablo! Tienes razón, ya traduje el documento, y necesito hacer la memoria, tus instrucciones parecen correctas, lo voy a intentar. Espero que sirvan en la versión de pruba (gratis )

Feliz fin de semana!

Rufino

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Trados

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs