Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:20
English to German
+ ...
Feb 15, 2004

Currently there is an ad appearing at the top of the Proz.com page advertising the new Version 7 of Translation Office 3000.

Sometime ago, I have tried their demo version (probably V6, I can't remember), and have decided not to buy it, although I found it better than TOM and PractiCount.

Now, with V7, I have decided to try it once more, and found it rather good this time, especially because it now has a wordcount feature for different file formats (doc, pdf, html, pp, e
... See more
Currently there is an ad appearing at the top of the Proz.com page advertising the new Version 7 of Translation Office 3000.

Sometime ago, I have tried their demo version (probably V6, I can't remember), and have decided not to buy it, although I found it better than TOM and PractiCount.

Now, with V7, I have decided to try it once more, and found it rather good this time, especially because it now has a wordcount feature for different file formats (doc, pdf, html, pp, excel).

Here is what I really like about it:

- It supports multiple currencies
- You can fully customize your invoicing templates
- You can have as many invoice templates as you like, including different templates for different languages
- It keeps track of payments and unpaid invoices
- AnyCount (word counting tool)

However, what really bothered me is that each time I create an invoice TO3000 automatically creates a "client folder" where it stores all quotes&invoices. You can disable the "create client folder automatically" in the settings. But as soon as you create an invoice, TO3000 will create that client folder anyway.

I was wondering if anyone out there has been using any previous versions of TO3000? What is you experience with this tool?

Is there any way to stop TO3000 from creating new client folders? (I already have a couple of client folders myself, and would prefer to keep them.)

Regards,

Sonja
Collapse

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
German to Portuguese
+ ...
I like it... Feb 15, 2004

Hi Sonja,

I tried it and liked it because, due to my disoganization, I came to the point where I nearly forgot what I had to recieve from my clients.....which is not so good.
Now the Software helps me not to loose things out of sight and organize things better....
I asked the support for another payment term, which wasnt implemented in the first version I downloaded and they told me that they would implemen
... See more
Hi Sonja,

I tried it and liked it because, due to my disoganization, I came to the point where I nearly forgot what I had to recieve from my clients.....which is not so good.
Now the Software helps me not to loose things out of sight and organize things better....
I asked the support for another payment term, which wasnt implemented in the first version I downloaded and they told me that they would implement it the next update..which happpend some days later.
Now I rememeber thatI also asked for the possibility to count ttx files and they said they will work on it...
So what I would do in your case is contact the support and ask if there is a possibility to modify the software the way you need/want it.
They seem to be really open to our needs....

Have a nice sunday,
Natália

Sonja Tomaskovic wrote:

However, what really bothered me is that each time I create an invoice TO3000 automatically creates a "client folder" where it stores all quotes&invoices. You can disable the "create client folder automatically" in the settings. But as soon as you create an invoice, TO3000 will create that client folder anyway.

I was wondering if anyone out there has been using any previous versions of TO3000? What is you experience with this tool?

Is there any way to stop TO3000 from creating new client folders? (I already have a couple of client folders myself, and would prefer to keep them.)

Regards,

Sonja
Collapse

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Fine SW Feb 15, 2004

I basically agree with Natalia. They do seem very open to your suggestions and they are at the moment working hard at implementing improved functionality, which is good. You should try this way.

I like TOM but this SW has a such cleaner layout, I completely made my mind about buying it a few weeks ago. There are still a few things left that I'd like to see implemented, specially in the contacts and folder automation areas, but I hope they will be addressed soon.

It's al
... See more
I basically agree with Natalia. They do seem very open to your suggestions and they are at the moment working hard at implementing improved functionality, which is good. You should try this way.

I like TOM but this SW has a such cleaner layout, I completely made my mind about buying it a few weeks ago. There are still a few things left that I'd like to see implemented, specially in the contacts and folder automation areas, but I hope they will be addressed soon.

It's also rather inexpensive, specially now (no wonder they are marketing the offer at ProZ), but of course it's not a solution for agencies, just for freelancers. That's just fine with me though.

Rb
Collapse

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Agency Version... Feb 15, 2004

The support told me that an agency version (with the possibility to upgrade from the actual version) is on it way...

Natália

Ruben Berrozpe wrote:

It's also rather inexpensive, specially now (no wonder they are marketing the offer at ProZ), but of course it's not a solution for agencies, just for freelancers. That's just fine with me though.

Rb

Sandra Alboum
Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:20
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I LOVE IT Feb 15, 2004

Hi.

I've had this program for a number of months now and I love it. Anything I find to be lacking in the program, all I do is write them an email and it's taken care of the same day, or maybe in a couple days. For example, I asked them to implement functionality to be able to export the reports to Excel, and within three days, there was a new build up on the website that could do that.

This program has saved my life. Whereas before I was a "little-slip-of-paper" type
... See more
Hi.

I've had this program for a number of months now and I love it. Anything I find to be lacking in the program, all I do is write them an email and it's taken care of the same day, or maybe in a couple days. For example, I asked them to implement functionality to be able to export the reports to Excel, and within three days, there was a new build up on the website that could do that.

This program has saved my life. Whereas before I was a "little-slip-of-paper" type of gal, now I'm an organized type of gal.

I would recommend it. Especially when you look at it next to larger suites like ACT! and Goldmine, this is a really great deal.

Sandra
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seems to be good Feb 15, 2004

Thanks to all of you so far for giving me your opinions on this SW.

It really seems they value their users' opinions, so I might try to contact their support with this client folder-thing.

Thank you very much.

Sonja

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just wanted to share... Feb 16, 2004

... that I have indeed contacted the support on this folder question. Even though I have not bought a licence (yet), they promised me to make the necessary changes within 1 or 2 days!!!!

No need to say that I have ordered a licence right away!

Thanks again,

Sonja

[Edited at 2004-02-16 21:11]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
generate a psudo client Feb 17, 2004

Sonja Tomaskovic wrote:

Now, with V7, I have decided to try it once more, and found it rather good this time, especially because it now has a wordcount feature for different file formats (doc, pdf, html, pp, excel).

Here is what I really like about it:

- It supports multiple currencies
- You can fully customize your invoicing templates
- You can have as many invoice templates as you like, including different templates for different languages
- It keeps track of payments and unpaid invoices
- AnyCount (word counting tool)

Regards,

Sonja
yes, that would be a solution. I also have tried the latest version, and it is not bad compared to the former version. But I am not in a rush. I am still working with Practicount and for my purpose it is giving satisfactory results.
Gruss,
brandis

Jana Uhlik
Jana Uhlik  Identity Verified
Belize
Local time: 17:20
English to German
Really happy with TO 3000 V7 Feb 19, 2004

I bought it to start the new year better organized and it really works. Fulfills all my needs. Worth every cent. I would recommend it to other freelancers anytime.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opinions on Translation Office 3000 V7

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »