Question about invoice
Thread poster: IrinaGM
IrinaGM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:41
English to Georgian
+ ...
Apr 10, 2004

I have always worked for large companies when I simply had to fill out their invoice and receive a payment. I have a different case now where I have to send them my invoice. Could some of you e-mail me invoice samples that you use to charge for translation? And also, do you request a part of the payment in advance or not?

Thank you all in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Irena Gintilas
Local time: 08:41
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
any Office software Apr 10, 2004

Irina, I would suggest you to look for a downlaodable doc. in, e.g., Microsft.com/office.
I do not remember where I got mine from, but I could send it to you if you would e-mail me.

Best regards,
Irena Gintilas

Valentini Mellas  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:41
English to Greek
+ ...
Excel.... Apr 10, 2004

-Irina- wrote:

I have always worked for large companies when I simply had to fill out their invoice and receive a payment. I have a different case now where I have to send them my invoice. Could some of you e-mail me invoice samples that you use to charge for translation? And also, do you request a part of the payment in advance or not?

Thank you all in advance.

Use Excel .. it has a wonderful template for invoices.

Payment: If the project is huge then I would consider the request for a partial payment not outlandish. Otherwise you negotiate the payment terms before undertaking the project (net 30, bank treansfer, wire or check etc)

HTH

Valentini

Irena Gintilas
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
Here it is... Apr 11, 2004

... almost 40 to chose from:
http://office.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=invoice&CTT=6&Origin=EC010331121033

You could also access the templates from your computer:
Start > All Programs > MicrosoftPowerPoint > Templates from Microsoft.com...

Best wishes,
ig

Irena Gintilas
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
And some more Apr 11, 2004

Some sites will offer you to download their templates for a fee, but there are plenty of free stuff out there.
Like these:
http://www.templatezone.com/microsoft-templates/officeready-pro.asp

http://www.topfloorstore.com/software_h/sft-dwn-inc-win.shtml

http://www.billmyclients.com/main.jsp?affiliate_id=billmyclients.com&image_name=text_link_CheckitText

You could even bill the clients straight from this last one...

Irena

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
What an invoice must contain Apr 11, 2004

-Irina- wrote:
Could some of you e-mail me invoice samples that you use to charge for translation?

An invoice must contain the word "invoice", your contact details, the client's contact details, the date of the invoice, a description of the job done, and the amount invoiced. That's it. You can arrange it in any sequence as long it's clear. You can optionally add the dates of the jobs, details about how the rate was calculated, how the client should pay, etc.

Some companies will insist on an invoice with a nice letterhead. If the company insists on a signature, add the line "this is an invoice, not a receipt" below the signature. Some companies require faxed or snail mailed invoices, others are satisfied with an MS Word document and still others are quite happy if you just mention the details in your e-mail together with the word "INVOICE" somewhere in it.

This information is generally correct, but some countries may have additional requirements.

[Edited at 2004-04-11 15:12]

IrinaGM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:41
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all for replying Apr 16, 2004

Sorry I was out of country and did not have a chance to reply earlier.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about invoice

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs