Problems with a Russian agency
Thread poster: aponaio
Jun 14, 2004

Last December, I did EUR 3,500 worth of work for an agency in Russia. I have yet to be paid. Disappointing, because they seemed civilised and had paid me without problems before. I understand that a very large number of translators was involved in this project, and am hoping that it might be possible to exert some pressure on the agency. If you are in a similar position with an agency in Russia, please let me know, so that we can compare notes. Also, any advice on what to do from more experience... See more
Last December, I did EUR 3,500 worth of work for an agency in Russia. I have yet to be paid. Disappointing, because they seemed civilised and had paid me without problems before. I understand that a very large number of translators was involved in this project, and am hoping that it might be possible to exert some pressure on the agency. If you are in a similar position with an agency in Russia, please let me know, so that we can compare notes. Also, any advice on what to do from more experienced professionals would be welcome.Collapse

Federica Masante
Federica Masante  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:36
Italian to English
+ ...
BB Jun 14, 2004

Hi there

Have you tried entering a comment about the agency on the Blue Board? It is also a way of getting in touch with other translators who have worked for the same agency, provided an entry for it was made in the first place.

HTH

Federica

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:36
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Please contact me via my profile with details Jun 14, 2004

Hi,

You may not be aware of ProZ.com Termination Policy, http://www.proz.com/policy.php3

If a total of two complaints regarding a single outsourcer have been received from unrelated sources, a warning will be issued to the outsourcer. The warning will serve as notification to the suspected party that its privileges are in jeopardy.
Please include any information related to a particular job (i.e. date posted, language pairs, title, etc.) Information provided in complaints will be kept confidential.

My fellow Jobs Area coordinator Ralf Lemster, myself and a group of Jobs/BB moderators (please see http://www.proz.com/index.php3?sp=mod/list&show_mode=jobs_mods ) can be contacted privately for a complaint.

Giuliana

aponaio
aponaio
TOPIC STARTER
Blue Board Jun 14, 2004

Federica Masante wrote:

Hi there

Have you tried entering a comment about the agency on the Blue Board? It is also a way of getting in touch with other translators who have worked for the same agency, provided an entry for it was made in the first place.

HTH

Federica

Thank you Federica - I actually have already entered a comment on the Blue Board, but since client discussions are forbidden on this forum, I can't give specific details.

Vetta (X)
Vetta (X)
English to Spanish
Your problem was my problem once... Jun 14, 2004

Duncan Smart wrote:

Also, any advice on what to do from more experienced professionals would be welcome.

Once a Russian agency was hard (really hard!) to pay my work. So, what I did (I live in Mexico and am a native) was to email my Embassy in Russia explaining my problem... And the agency paid me the next day!
Does this suggest you something?
Regards,
Vetta.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 22:36
English to German
+ ...
I have a few issues non-russian Jun 14, 2004

Duncan Smart wrote:

Federica Masante wrote:

Hi there

HTH

Federica

Thank you Federica - I actually have already entered a comment on the Blue Board, but since client discussions are forbidden on this forum, I can't give specific details.
hi! don´t go berserk, I have a few issues non-russian, these are of georgian or gregorian nature. They think they are like gods. With Russians I had never had any troubles, sooner or later they had paid. My suggestion is, just be amicable under given circumstances.
brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with a Russian agency

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »