Salary in the US
Thread poster: Rufino Pérez De La Sierra

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 13, 2002

Hello all! I would like to know what is considered a good salary for an in-house full time translator in the United States.

Thanks!

Rufino

Direct link Reply with quote

jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:14
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
My take on it Apr 16, 2002

While I cannot answer directly as I have never been an in-house translator, I can tell you that there will be a WIDE variation depending on your location.

For instance, if you are in New York City, you would expect to be paid far more than if your location is Little Rock, Arkansas.

As there is no government tariff specifying the salaries, you are on your own for negotiating your best deal.

Good luck.

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:14
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Benefits are important, too. Apr 17, 2002

Keep in mind that in the US the benefit package should be considered, too, because things like health insurance and vacation time can vary a lot. You might want to take a less well-paying job with great benefits over a more highly paid job.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Salary in the US

Advanced search

Translation news

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs