Mobile menu

NFA Certification for legal translations?
Thread poster: Exequiela Goldini

Exequiela Goldini
United States
Local time: 15:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 14, 2004

It's very possible I will be given a job to translate a Forex Market web site. It will include some legal documents and they asked me about certification. I told them that in US the best way to certificate a translation is by a Notary Public and they answered: "The one final thing i do need from you is some sort of certification required by the NFA for translating legal documents"
Does anybody know how this works?
Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote
RobinB  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:10
German to English
Not aware of any specific NFA certification Jul 14, 2004

I must say I've never heard about any specific certification by the National Futures Association for translations. I really do suggest you get your customer to send the details about what they want - it's hardly likely that you can get any NFA certification at the drop of a hat...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NFA Certification for legal translations?

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs