Mobile menu

Agency not on Blue Board list. How do I know if it's kosher?
Thread poster: Anna Moorby DipTrans

Anna Moorby DipTrans  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 30, 2004

Hi folks, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum, but I sent my CV to an agency, and they've sent me my first job, but I've been stung before, and I always like to check out the agency on the blue board before I jump right in. But the agency's not there. Is there anyway I could ask people if they've worked for this agency and what their experiences have been like?

Direct link Reply with quote
ntext  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:45
Partial member
German to English
+ ...
Options Sep 30, 2004

From the FAQ:

I would like to ask others to provide feedback on a particular outsourcer. How do I do that?

If the outsourcer is already listed, click "Request more ratings" from the outsourcer's details page. This will cause a request for feedback to go out to all those who have subscribed to such notices.

If the outsourcer you are interested in is not yet listed, adding it will cause the notification to be sent automatically.
[...edited by site staff...]

Dinny  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:45
Italian to Danish
+ ...
You could subscribe to a PP list (payment practices) Sep 30, 2004

You should be able to find them through a google search on "PP Practices".... otherwise drop me a line, and I will send you a link, ok?

Pat Jenner
Local time: 20:45
German to English
+ ...
You could ask them for references Oct 1, 2004

Agencies often ask suppliers to provide references, so I don't see why we shouldn't do the same. Of course, you need to be diplomatic, but just asking them to give you details of translators they work with shouldn't cause offence.

German to English
asking agency for references Nov 1, 2004

Good suggestion from Pat but in my experience agencies do not like to give out contact details for the translators (and of course certainly not info on their clients).
One technique I've used is inputting the agency name into google plus the word "bad" or "problem" and reading any hits that come up.
By the way, I worked in Spain a bit, if you'd like to email me the name of the agency I'll tell you if I have any experience with them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agency not on Blue Board list. How do I know if it's kosher?

Advanced search

Translation news

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs