United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Those were the days Mar 27, 2017

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

having to make/buy sarnies

I miss buying sarnies.

Used to get this floury ciabatta with mozzarella, basil and tomato from across the road every day when we had offices on Guildford High Street. I can taste it now - and that was 20 years ago...

Sometimes living in the sticks sucks.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:33
Spanish to English
+ ...
Well then ... Mar 27, 2017

... go to Guildford one day and get one, and have a pint of Old Peculiar or whatever, and then think to yourself, Thank God I don't have to stick around all day, though.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
And ... Mar 27, 2017

... then send in a photo of the sarnie with a bite out of it.

Angela Malik
Angela Malik  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:33
German to English
+ ...
And... Mar 28, 2017

Mervyn Henderson wrote:
... go to Guildford one day and get one, and have a pint of Old Peculiar or whatever, and then think to yourself, Thank God I don't have to stick around all day, though.

... then send in a photo of the sarnie with a bite out of it.

...while you're at it, give me a shout and I'll even join you (I'm only down the road from Guildford) and we can call it a "business lunch" and make that sarnie a business expense at the same time

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Shoulda known (cia)better Mar 28, 2017

Angela Rimmer wrote:

...while you're at it, give me a shout and I'll even join you (I'm only down the road from Guildford) and we can call it a "business lunch" and make that sarnie a business expense at the same time

Sadly, Google reveals said premises have been taken over by an "iconic Seattle based coffeeshop chain" some time in the past 20 years.

How things change. Haven't seen "iconic" used in the sense of "tax-dodging" before.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Excuse me moderators ... Mar 28, 2017

... I know I'm guilty of off-topic too here, but two or three or four of us have been bantering gaily off-topic for ages now on this one, but nobody's been deleted like I was - TWICE - on the threads today for such idle banter.

And as for off-topic ... look around, it's everywhere. Maybe you should direct your zeal to Big Blue ads/resources/marketing things?

Oh no ... I'm being pulled, it's happening, I can feel it coming on ...

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
That's better ... Mar 28, 2017

... I now see "Big Blue" has been pulled out too from threads various. Not a word from the OP, either. Smart guy. It just goes to prove what Oscar Wilde said, There's no such thing as bad publicity. Although he said that when he was hobnobbing with the great and the good, before he was sent to the slammer to sew mailbags for a few years after some very bad publicity indeed.

At least I'm not alone on this one. It'd been years since I'd been dissed for being naughty.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback from Freelance Translators about their experience

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »