https://www.proz.com/forum/being_independent/33290-italian_english_translators_in_germany.html

Italian-English translators in Germany?
Thread poster: Robin Ward
Robin Ward
Robin Ward
Germany
Local time: 01:03
German to English
+ ...
Jun 11, 2005

I'm wondering whether there exist any Italian-English translators besides myself in Germany. Surely there must be!

For the following reason:

I work in a variety of language combinations, including Italian to English. I am a member of the BDÜ (the German translators' association), meaning that my details are freely available on the Internet. As a consequence I am continually contacted by agencies and companies requesting Italian-English translations, meaning that I fre
... See more
I'm wondering whether there exist any Italian-English translators besides myself in Germany. Surely there must be!

For the following reason:

I work in a variety of language combinations, including Italian to English. I am a member of the BDÜ (the German translators' association), meaning that my details are freely available on the Internet. As a consequence I am continually contacted by agencies and companies requesting Italian-English translations, meaning that I frequently have to turn down jobs. When I ask them if they know of anyone else who can take on the work the answer is invariably "no".

When I then mention that I've heard about a number of Italian-English translators in the UK and Italy (via an inquiry which I posted on ProZ some time ago) and have passed on their contact details, the result has always been the same: the telephone number no longer exists, the E-mail address doesn't function or they're overloaded with work.

Nevertheless, I have the impression that most of these agencies would, for whatever reason, prefer to work with someone based in Germany - perhaps it's easier as regards the invoicing.

So - is anyone reading this or does anyone reading this know of a competent translator for Italian-English living in Germany? I'd then be able to pass on inquiries.

(I might add that the same problem seems to exist for Spanish-English.)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Italian-English translators in Germany?

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »