Mobile menu

How can I improve my language skills in Polish & French?
Thread poster: Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Local time: 18:23
English
+ ...
Jul 25, 2002

I am not sure that this is in a right section, so please tell me if I should move it somewhere.

I studies Polish language intensively for 6 weeks in a program and right now I am able to understand the basics of it and I can read it, so now I want to keep improving my skills. It\'s not for profit but rather for myself. There are no Poles here that I know of. Btw, I have the same situation with French. I know the basics but don\'t know how to keep improving . Can anybody suggest ways to improve my language skills?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:23
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Oh, there are a lot of polish people here Jul 25, 2002

Just try the Polish Forum for first.

Got to: http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewforum&eid_c=29099&forum=35

There you\'ll have the possibility to read and post in Polish.

Best

Jerzy

Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:23
Member (2004)
English to French
Try l'Alliance française Jul 25, 2002

In my job, I interview candidates in French to get an idea of their knowledge of this language. Some are immigrants and said they learned French with the Alliance française in their native country. Many spoke very well. You could get good results.

Good luck.

Btw, I like having pen friends in other countries, so if you\'re interested, we could make an exchange. I\'m in the same situation as you, but in Russian. I really need to improve my skills. Write to me if you wish : nina_k73@hotmail.com

Nina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I improve my language skills in Polish & French?

Advanced search

Translation news

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs