Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:54
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ever so much Jul 30, 2002

I\'ve got tonnes of info to sift through now. Thanks for all the feedback, everybody (not sure I\'d want to swap the pleasures of Paris for the desert of Dubai, but an amusing suggestion nonetheless, thankyou williamson )

All the best,

Jeremy

Michael Broström
Michael Broström
Local time: 10:54
English to Swedish
+ ...
Anyone actually gone off-shore? Aug 16, 2002

Has anyone here actually gone off-shore? Was it really all that great?

I\'ve considered it for years (I\'m paying well over half of my gross in taxes and social fees in Sweden), but the legal difficulties and high costs have so far stopped me from \"taking the jump\".

Also, it seems a bit scary letting someone else be the frontman for your money - what happens if you\'re defrauded?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paying tax in a country other than that in which you live

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »